Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 06:43 AM   #1
Davin Soulblighter

I know this has nothing to do with Baldurs Gate (despite the fact it's still fantasy) but I'm wanting to know what ppl think of the Might & Magic series for PC. I'm considering buying them but I'm not sure if they'll be a good purchase, so can ppl give me their opinions of them?

Old 02-23-2001, 07:36 AM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Davin,
I played the 3 last M&Ms - I would give them a medium mark : you'll enjoy them if you like "rooms - monsters - treasure" games, but the graphics are quite poor, and the scenario is quite boring after a while. This is only my opinion, mind ...
Old 02-23-2001, 07:38 AM   #3
Tobbin_OHF

They seemed pretty good in the day, but kinda lame nowadays. I'll have to admit though, that I was pretty hooked to them a few years back.

Old 02-23-2001, 07:41 AM   #4
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I, like Moiraine, played the last 3 Might & Magic games. I played them BEFORE I played BG & BG2 tho. There's no comparison. If you can enjoy them for what they are... and Moiraine described them perfectly, then go for it. I am now completely spoiled by the Black Isle/Interplay games. I don't know what I'll do when they stop producing them.
Old 02-24-2001, 02:42 AM   #5
Davin Soulblighter

OK, with all of your descriptions, I don't think I'll buy them then. Thanks all for your opinions.

Old 02-24-2001, 11:31 AM   #6
BLACK KNIGHT

I dunno. I personally enjoyed them. They are not the same style as BGI ect, but are good in there own ways. As a 1st person adventure, they are good. I agree with medium marks, but I am always up to play a new game as opposite to playing a game that I have already beat the same exact way every time. BORING. I like BG ect cause it gives you more than one path to winning.

BK

Old 03-04-2001, 11:34 PM   #7
Dog of War
The Magister

Well I started with MM3, and it was awesome, of course that was around Bard's tale and Ultima 3-4 time. Great 1st oerson RPG, eye of the beholder like. I prefer the B2 game play much better. But I like creating a few more characters than 1. 6 was good 7 ok, 8 and nine I skipped look the same.