Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 12:47 PM   #11
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Changing your reality is not necessarily an easy thing to do, especially when you're intelligent and empathic. Often the world seems too dark and dreary to be changed, or it seems like too much effort. That's where the daydreams help you to see what might be possible, and maybe inspire you to make the changes you need to be happy.
100% agreement! Sometimes I wish I were as stupid as a stone. Think how much simpler life would be if you did not have the intelligence to understand any of it

Daydreams truly are about a happier tomorrow. Perhaps they have a root in reality, but until you bring those dreams fully into reality they will never be realized and will remain just that, dreams!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-13-2001, 12:50 PM   #12
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:

Also, daydreaming about the new, extremley attractive girl in your class is the best anti-depresant i know

LOL...it truly is

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-13-2001, 12:53 PM   #13
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

Daydreams truly are about a happier tomorrow. Perhaps they have a root in reality, but until you bring those dreams fully into reality they will never be realized and will remain just that, dreams!
And that, my friends, is the heart of the matter.
Old 07-14-2001, 09:59 AM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

bored silly.. wehehehe ditto.

anyways, how do people go insane? i mean, i dont think its ever possible to me... although i have these times i laugh like silly and shit, that is coz i talk to myself, and no one to talk to, or something... laughing my ass of for no reason... is this insanity or insane tendencies?

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-14-2001, 10:04 AM   #15
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
why daydream about nice stuff happening to you when you know it won't ever happen, or it is not worth thinking about it? It may happen, but why daydream about it? is it because it is thinking positively? But what is really behind all of it? All you have to do is set a goal, stick to it, and that's it. End of story. Why repeat it to yourself, while looking stupid and all, which are all unecessary?

I try not to daydream in that way. If you are naturally optimistic and always expect the best in any given situation you'll spend your whole life being disappointed. On the other hand if you are naturally pessimistic and cynical you're always ready for the worst so anything else is a pleasant surprise meaning you spend most of the time pleased! Strange logic I know but I find that in some insane way it actually works for me.
Old 07-14-2001, 08:59 PM   #16
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

If you can not dream it, how can you make it possible? More importantly, do you believe you deserve to have good things happen to you? Sometimes believing can also make it come true --- maybe not in the way you wanted it to, but perhaps in a way even better than you thought you wanted. Thought is a powerful tool. If you believe you are deserving, then you will act as though things are possible, and successes will occur much more frequently. If you think negatively about yourself, or the possibilities, then you may subtley be sabatoging your dreams by your actions. Thought influence actions.

Sure can't hurt to try, and if nothing else, you can feel better just by the dreaming of it.

In my humble opinion of course
------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

Thank you to the kind R³
for being such eloquent
& witty spokesmen.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 07-14-2001).]
Old 07-14-2001, 09:19 PM   #17
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Daydreaming.
Sacred mysticism.
Blessed is the flow of mind
that shows the reflected way...
of maya and belief and faith and love.
Rivers string and universes fade...
Unto holy thought do i stride
carried by the force of mine own beating heart...
This island be the limbo and life
blurred instances of non-linear time...
Old 07-14-2001, 10:28 PM   #18
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

dreams take us places... i heard this song...

its sort of like like this...

"keep on dreaming to see your future.
keep on dreaming to get your future (?)
so let's keep on dreaming... lalalala"

sort of like that

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-14-2001, 10:54 PM   #19
Qrt
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
bored silly.. wehehehe ditto.

anyways, how do people go insane? i mean, i dont think its ever possible to me... although i have these times i laugh like silly and shit, that is coz i talk to myself, and no one to talk to, or something... laughing my ass of for no reason... is this insanity or insane tendencies?

Of course it is. I do this myself because of some thought and I am quite insane.

No, what it merely show is that you have a rich inner life and are emotional. That is IMHO not bad traits!
Old 07-15-2001, 02:46 PM   #20
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

If reality is just too awful to bear, there IS no way you can change it and death isn't an option - you have have a few choices to get you through the time until things raech a level where you can cope. Choosing to go insane is not one of them as you cant turn insanity off and on and besides 99% of insanity is worse than even the most unbearable reality

* Use mind altering drugs and kill your brain off, not to mention decreasing your ability to cope even further.
* Take a small overdose and sleep till the pain goes away.
* Escape into an alternative reality.

So tell me which makes the most sense - and until you have been in this situation you have no right to criticise those who choose the last option.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk