Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 11:50 AM   #161
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: ROFLMAO Larry. I actually meant the guard to be swinging the sword at Turin, but now that you have posted I'll play along. The game IS freeform.

For Turin and Roland:

Turin's black sword flew in the air with the aim to sever the neck of the target, but the winds were treacherous that day. The sword spinned in the air and it was the hilt of the sword which hit the guard. Severely shocked and hardly able to breathe the man fell to his knees, clutching at his throat with both hads, gulping for air. Visibly he was out of the combat. Turin's sword is about a foot in front of him.

Kalam's man had thrown his weapon on the floor and was a while retrieving it then just as the suicidal soldier was about to strike him, he hit his hand heavily with the broad side of the sword. With a cry of pain the suicidal soldier dropped his weapon then turned to face his attacker. "Why don't you let me die?" Then suddenly he spotted his companion's sword and lunged at him, skewering himself on the sword.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:51 AM   #162
dplax
Jack Burton

For Keal and Therlion:

"What do you mean set up, what are you talking about?"
Old 09-13-2004, 05:38 PM   #163
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Satisfied that Kalam's wounds were closed, Therlion explained "Lord Easthome claimed the mountain men you were referring to are barbarians that frequently attack a nearby town. His town. He is in league with Morgoth, and we are not." Therlion surmised that a dwarf conversing with two elves is good enough sign that that dwarf wasn't an enemy. He pointed at Kalam "That there is his son, the one he sent out to fight with the mountain men. His troops tuned on him, and we barely won out of the chaos. He is the only chance for that settlement to turn to us, and abandon Morgoth, and untill we can be ready to strike at lord Easthome, he must be protected at all cost." He looked at the kettle. "How much more must the herbs be boiled?"
Old 09-14-2004, 01:24 AM   #164
dplax
Jack Burton

The dwarf:

"I do not care about things like wars and Morgoth. I am only an old dwarf exiled from his home because of Ardana long ago."

He handed the new set of herbs to Therlion.

"Crush these leaves. They shall let off an odour which should wake the young Easthome up. Then he should drink this tea."

He handed a mug of steaming hot tea to Keal.

"These together should slow the poison down, but the fact that he did not wake up to the leaves pressed under his nose is a sign that I myself cannot cure this poison. It seems that Ardana is your only chance I just can't see why she would help you. When you've finished tending for him, I'll tell you that sad story."

OOC: Kalam is going to wake up from the smell of the crushed leaves, but after drinking the tea he shall drift back to sleep.

[ 09-14-2004, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 09-15-2004, 05:55 PM   #165
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Therlion went to crushing the leaves. He wiped sweat from his forehead, and smelled his fingers to check if the herbs were already letting out the odour. "I believe this is it." he handed the dwarf a moist green lump. "I must go outside, check on the horses. I will be back in a moment." He said and left ducking through the door, not waiting for Haine or Keal to say anything.
Outside, Therlion sat on a stump and pulled out the weapons he found after the battle. Most of them were bloody, and Therlion picked up the dagger that wounded him and looked at it. He reached inside a pocket, and pulled out some of the herbs the dwarf gave him to crush. He recognised the leaves and the stench as an agent that he himself used to identify liquids. He crushed it in his hand and smeared it over the blade. After a moment, Therlion moved his fingers above the blade, in conjuring a small spell. The blade glew green briefly, then yellow, and then was back to normal. Therlion sighed, and wiped the sweat from his forehead with his sleeve. As I suspected he thought. He put the weapons away, and headed towards the house. Reaching for the door, he missed the knob and stopped. He put a hand to his forehead and closed his eyes. A few small movements with his head, and he opened his eyes again. He proceeded inside the house.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:43 AM   #166
dplax
Jack Burton

For Keal and Therlion:

The dwarf snapped his head when Therlion entered the cabin again and with a glance understood what was happening. While Therlion had been outside he had prepared some tea for them to drink and now took the mug he had prepared for Therlion and put some of the leaves in it.

"You have been poisoned by the same poison this human has been. You are lucky you are an elf and managed to get this far with it in your system. Here drink this tea!"

He handed the steaming hot mug to Therlion.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:16 AM   #167
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

He took the mug. "Thank you. Yes, it is true, I have been poisoned in the battle. It is the same poison as Kalam's." Therlion turned to Keal and continued "I regret having to hide this from you, friend, but I did not believe it was this serious." he started drinking the tea, butwavered. He was falling from the chair in which he sat on, and he was trying to gulp down as much tea as he could before crashing to the floor. The ground crashed into him before he thought, and the world had gone black.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:48 PM   #168
Keal

Keal doesn't drink from the mug fearing he will go to sleep before he hears the tale."What did he mean, Haine?"
Old 09-18-2004, 05:06 AM   #169
dplax
Jack Burton

For Keal and Therlion:

The dwarf stooped down next to Therlion and applied the same treatment to him as they had applied earlier to Therlion, then he took a blanket from the cupboard and covered the unconscious Therlion with it.

"It seems that you shall have to resolve this problem on your own, master elf." - he said looking at Keal.

"But before you go, I shall tell you the story about Ardana. After that it shall be up to you to convince her."

"The story of Ardana goes back to when I was still a young dwarf. It was the time when humans, the second children of Ilůvatar appeared in the world. Ardana was the daughter of one of the tribes chiefs, while a young man called Irdion Easthome led another tribe. The two tribes wanted to put their hands on the same land where now the Easthome's city is. But the young Easthome fell in love with his enemies daughter. In a secret meeting with her father they agreed that he gets the daughter while Ardana's family gets the site of the city. Everything went well for some time, but Ardana's father wanted his rival killed and managed to convince his daughter to help him. It was her who poisoned Irdion Easthome, who died from the poison within a few hours. However there was a witness to the treachery. Young Blird Easthome Irdion's brother had been watching from behind some curtains. It wasn't until only much later that he understood what had happened with his brother. But when he did he swore revenge against Ardana's family."

"When this happened it was already Ardana and her new husband who ruled their tribe since Ardana had also assassinated her father. Blird however rebelled against her and gathered the enslaved tribe of the Easthome's around himslef and in a large and bloody battle defeated them, killing Ardana's husband and capturing Ardana herself. She was ready for death, but he did not give her this gift. Instead she cursed her so that she suffered eternally for her sins until an Easthome released her of this curse. In return for this Ardana cursed the family of the Easthomes so that all of them die before their times and die violent deaths. Bling was killed three years later in a boar hunting accident, when the boar skewered him. His wife was but pregnant with his new son."

"Ardana left and came to the mountains where she caused much misery to my tribe of dwarves, which led to me being sent away for ever from my tribe. Then our tribe made her go even deeper into the mountains. It is said that she has gone to live in a cave high at the top of a cliff, where there is already snow during the whole year."

The dwarf who wasn't really called Haine then described to Keal the way he had to take his two companions so that he reached this cave.

"I wish you good luck in convincing her to help you." - he looked at Kalam's pale face. "You had better hurry for the human's sake."

OOC: from the description you work out that the cave is about half a day's journey deeper inside the mountains. Kalam and Therlion are unconscious so you have to take the two bodies along with you somehow.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:51 PM   #170
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin and company

Practicaly, as soon as it started it was over. The fighting men were no match for the more experienced Turin and Roland. There lay four bodies on the ground, and one guard had come clean and confessed to being a spy in the service of Easthome's son...and therefore an ally to Turin. Turin watched as Roland cleaned his blade on the clothing of the last man he had pierced with it, and then he gathered the two men together.

"Now we must make haste to save the young sire and help place him in power in this town. As you know he is in danger for his life at this moment a the hands of the villians.

Roland, go make sure that Robyn is safe. The two of us will catch up to the murderous party and their unkowing victim."

OOC>>>I can't remember his name!
Anyway, does this plan work with everyone?
Closed Thread