Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #41
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

You mean [set]Bodhi's Dead Scythe? I have found it a few times but never taken a good look at it. I don't think it has a bonus higher than +7, however. I would have to hunt it down a second time and actually post up the statistics for it. There are even heavy flails which have a higher rating (such as Reaver +8) than the scythe, if I am remembering the powers of the scythe correctly.

As well, was I correct when I swore I found [set]Velsemosti's Staff Of (something or other) inside of the High Moors? I am certain I found it there, but now I cannot recall. I was thinking of making a staff wielding character, and that would have to be the most powerful quarterstaff (aside from the Quarterstaff Of Sonic Might +9 purchasable on Level Thireen) I have found thus far.

(I am posting this from work so I cannot remember the exact names or find them instantly.)

[ 05-01-2006, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #42
Vaeleth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'll go check Bodhi's scythe just to be sure about the enhancement bonus. Thanks for the tip. And thanks to Robert the Bard for the warm welcome. If I sounded a bit demanding in my former post, lets just say I forgot to mention that I'm having a lot of fun on this mod. Nice setting, nice items, nice monsters (well in fact not so nice at all, but you know what I mean). And not to forget: lots of nice people around, willing to lend a hand (or a heavy mace for that matter). Too bad I didnt find it sooner!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #43
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

The Undead Isles is where to check for [set]Bodhi's Undead Scythe. If I find it, I'll post up the stats for it.

[spoilers and questions here]

Ziroc, two things:

1. since the advent of patch 1.67, whenever you buy an item from the store that is removed from the store's inventory, the store doesn't shift the other products down into that free space like it used to. is there something up with the new scripting inside of patch 1.67 that changed that?

2. any idea what is up with the refreshing script for the module? I don't think the module has reset itself in a while - like at least in the past few hours. was just curious about that.

==

to answer the question of [set]Bhodi's Dead Scythe +4:

Base Damage: 2d4
Base Critical Threat: *4
Base Damage Type: Piercing and Slashing
Weapon Size: Large
Feats Required: Exotic
Base Item: Scythe
Weight: 12.0

Special Properties:
Attack Bonus: +3
Bonus Feat: Disarm
Bonus Feat: Power Attack
Enhancement Bonus: +4
Vampiric Regeneration: +5

[ 05-03-2006, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:26 PM   #44
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Special request:

Kama of Kreosh

Minimum +10 to bring it in line with more-or-less every other weapon in the mod to give us poor monks a fighting chance of hitting anything

Possibly some other bonuses, definately not stats though. Keen would be a nice property, though with a x2 bonus on Kamas, its not going to damage much. I'd prefer elemental resistance bonuses, or possibly something else defensive in line with being a monk - though AC bonuses would be overpowered.

I'd quite like to fight a boss character monk dual-wielding them (though he should only drop the one) as a means of obtaining them.

Any chance?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:08 AM   #45
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I am still hoping for a few sneak preview shots, myself. That is just the kind of guy I am. I am going through one of the **Numerous** threads concerning the 1.67 patch for Neverwinter Nights and it is mindnumbing the amount of issues one has to confront with the latest setting. I never knew exactly how valuable it was to Bioware to have all those premium modules out there until they mentioned it was due to the revenues from said Premium Modules they were able to continue funding support for the patch. I have a feeling that when the DragonLance Adventures module is finally released, THAT will jam up their servers for days or weeks. In fact, I might even buy that one myself. Almost guaranteed they'll have yet another patch after they release it, if only to give the content out to the masses. I've always wondered if they were going to try to snatch up the good people at CODI for their hard work as well, perhaps to finally do an official Planescape module as a Digital Download. I'd probably pay good money for that one as well.

Now, back to Escape From Undermountain. Dace, for the kama you suggested, is there a tale behind it? I was just curious, as the majority of the higher level weapons ought to have some kind of "history" for them. And who says that a kama would have to have some kind of defensive bonus, anyway? It is a sickle in a new form, a demi-scythe as it were. So why not have it possess more offensive abilities? That's just the "writer" in me speaking, though.

[ 05-08-2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
Old 05-08-2006, 08:41 AM   #46
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ah, the defensive part would be easy to do, w/out seeming to leap out at you; wisdom bonus. Granted it wouldn't be much, but a bonus of 4 to wisdom can add to the ac of monks.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #47
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

How about this for a proposed new kama with defensive properties?

(missing a backstory, but as I'm posting all this from work I am not feeling too blasted creative at the moment. *laughs*)

[epic]Kama of The Kami of Mount Kreoshi
(just listing the special properties here)
Enhancement Bonus: Dexterity +4
Enhancement Bonus: Wisdom +4
Damage Reduction: Piercing 15/-
Attack Bonus: +11
Damage Bonus: Piercing 3d6 Damage
Damage Bonus: Slashing 2d6 Damage
Damage Bonus: Sonic 1d6 Damage
Massive Criticals: Slashing 4d4 Damage
Only Useable By: Lawful
Only Useable By: Monk

==
==

Now there is a proposition for a new weapon if I ever saw one. *grins to myself* More than likely to be found on the body of a brand new opponent in one of the lower levels who is using two of them, along with some of that Nearly Naked Monk(tm) armor that was proposed in one of these threads. (Thanks once again to you RTB with the help on that stuff.)

[ 05-08-2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
Old 05-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #48
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You need to change the attack bonus to enhancement bonus.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #49
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Why though? I wanted it to have only the attack bonus. Any other kind of extra damage I wanted to load onto there separately.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:01 AM   #50
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well, for me, when I make weapons, I use enhancement, it cuts down on the amount of stuff I have to add later, and keeps the weapon a little more reasonable. I figure if a weapon is magically enhanced, or well made enough to have a bonus to attack, it should also apply to dmg.