Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2004, 09:23 AM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I am attempting to have a dialog with pc, after which the npc with the dialog is destroyed, to be replaced by a doppleganger of the pc. The doppleganger fires fine, but the npc won't go away. Is there a not 200 lines of script to accomplish this? Or, I'd take the 200 line version if I had to, I'd really like this to work.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:12 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

Doesn't this work in the Actions Taken tab of the last NPC line:

Quote:
DestroyObject(OBJECT_SELF, 0.0);
You might want to delay the copy of the PC as the NPC fades out a bit (really quick) but the clone might be a bit of the position of the NPC
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

I recommend adding a visual effect to the NPC as it is destroyed, perhaps one of the red evil-type effects like VFX_DUR_PROTECTION_EVIL_MAJOR or even a simple ghostly/ethereal visage. This will help cover the somewhat choppy albeit short transition between the destroy effect and accent the copy PC, at least in theory. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:49 PM   #4
philip
Galvatron

Chewbacca's suggestion works great especially if the copy of the PC is delayed, that'll make sure it spawns at exactly the same place.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:41 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cool, I used the sound burst effect to destroy the creature, and put a script on the area trasition trigger on one side to spawn it in, so if you come from the other way he won't be there, and he now destroys himself too. As for the spawn in, I went to the mirror trick in the Hordes oc, and it works great now. Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote