Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2002, 05:07 AM   #1
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

how do u beat him?
every time i get ready to fight and he appears, he confuses ALL my party and by the time they come round, half of them are dead.
one word.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. where do u get vithals mage book???? the iinn keep won't talk to me yet. must i defeat the balor 1st?

[ 11-03-2002, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: Throrgrim ]
Old 11-03-2002, 05:10 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Party makeup and levels ??
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 05:12 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can use Choatic Commands beforehand to prevent Confusion. Potions of Clarity and Lilarcor +3 will do the same thing as well. You will need +3 enchanted or better weapons to handle the Balor. Summons are always a good thing to use against it.

ADD] Oh, and the book is with the...
~
~
Minor Spoiler
~
~
... gnome below the Innkeeper.

[ 11-03-2002, 05:16 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 05:26 AM   #4
Ghostalker
Dungeon Master

Strategy
'
'
'
'
'
'
Set traps at the spot where he spawns i.e Skull trap,Glyph of warding,Delayed Fireball Blast. also buff up your party with the clerics spells like Bless,Aid etc...also with Mage spells such as Haste & mass invisibility if possible also use the cleric spell 'Gain resistance' & Mage spell - Glitterdust, on the demon that should lower his Res.& his chance to make a succesful strike
You could use this strategy in most situations^ [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ghostalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 05:43 AM   #5
DrakenKorin
The Magister

Also a note on Balors: I don't remember them using confusion, but they DO have this very nasty fear ability. Its nearly unresistable, so be sure to cast Remove Fear before engaging the bastard.
DrakenKorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 06:00 AM   #6
philip
Galvatron

If you have a mage or cleric level 15+ cast animate dead, level 4 spell which summons a nice skeleton warrior. If you can get 4 of these you won't have to fight yourself.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 07:53 AM   #7
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

i'll try that but after i use haste my party are always fatigued which is annoying. I hav a level 12 cleric, can he summon 4 skeletons?
is the balor classed as a demon? then i could use bolt of glory!
Old 11-03-2002, 08:26 AM   #8
Amedyr

Yep, he's a demon. Bolt his a$$ away!
Old 11-03-2002, 11:49 AM   #9
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Throrgrim:
i'll try that but after i use haste my party are always fatigued which is annoying. I hav a level 12 cleric, can he summon 4 skeletons?
is the balor classed as a demon? then i could use bolt of glory!
You can summon a skeleton but I meant skeleton warriors. With those nrmal skeletons you won't kill it. The skeleton warriors are much better nearly 100% magic resistance and cool weapons. But you have to be lvl 15 to summon skeleton warriors instead of the skeletons (it's the same spell but different effects after lvl 15) He can summon 4 of these if you memorise 4 spells but I don't think the normal skeletons will stay alive longer than a couple of rounds

You can try to attack it (make sur your party resistant against fear)and at the same time have a cleric cast healing spells (before someone is really damaged but it'll be finished when he get's hurt). Don't worry about being fatigued after haste it's worth it. Try to summon other help (I guess the lvl 6 mage and druid spells are nice)
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 12:04 PM   #10
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

i beat him eventually. i summoned aerial servant, dijinn, fire elemental and loads of animals. he had barely enough time to deal with summons let alone me!

how the heck do u kill those mind flayers. i can deal with one but they keep casting annoying spells like hold person. any tips?