Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2004, 05:32 PM   #1
Mercc
Dungeon Master

Any other way past the fire ball corridors in Kel-Garas temple other than just running through or useing a potion?

Thanks,

Mercc
Mercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

SPOILER!!!
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
There's a secret door at the north wall in the beginning of the room with the fire traps . You'll have a high Search skill to see it. Have you kept that eaglehead-shaped helmet? It will help alot.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:22 PM   #3
Mercc
Dungeon Master

I know the secret door is there but I just can't get it to revel. I have Dorna, am a half-elf ranger and can't see it. The two earlier doors popped out but I can;t get that one. I think i sold the helmet you speak of to go with the one I found in the tomb. I will have to check. Any potions that might help?

Thanks,.

Mercc
Old 03-12-2004, 06:35 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Potions of Fox' Cunning will raise your intelligence and thus your Search skill, and you probably have to stay around awhile before the door is revealed.

Further, operating the levers have some effect on the fireballs, but I'm not sure exactly what so you'll have to play around with them for awhile.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Mercc, I had the same problem and even with potions I couldn't get that door to reveal itself. *Spoiler*

If you can, cast protection from elements on yourself and your henchman. This will help considerably from taking fire damage. Potions of speed are good, too. Go halfway and you'll come to an area that protects you from fire damage. Have your hench "Stand Your Ground" and proceed as long as you are protected. Any resist fire rings, etc. comes in real handy here. Once you get to the other end the fireballs should stop. By the way, there are some levers as well that somewhat slow down the fireballs.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:08 PM   #6
Mercc
Dungeon Master

I slowed down the fireballs and ran. No protection because I really have none. Trying to get the treasure room door to open - which also doesn't want to reveal itself. I know it is there, I can see the light from underneath it but I guess my players are stupid. I have even went by the door using search I think (the magnifying glass). The other door prior to the fireballs finally revealed it self - the second time I want to it from the other end. Oh well - you can't have everything I guess.

Thanks to all,

Mercc