Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2003, 08:47 PM   #1
Elnik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Everyone,
OK I have many Questions About Nwn. Hope you all can help.
1, How do I make a charactor on the vault?
2, What game should I play IYO's to get started? ( before I come here )
3, I have Nwn do I need expantions to play?

I used t play D&D along time ago, But not up to speed on 3rd rules.

I want to play on this mod and want to know how to get me from the boards to the game lol.

I have a 6th lvl druid on my home PC. to get use to the interface. But i want to play with others lol.

Thx for your time.

Elnik
Elnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Elnik:
Hi Everyone,
OK I have many Questions About Nwn. Hope you all can help.
1, How do I make a charactor on the vault?
2, What game should I play IYO's to get started? ( before I come here )
3, I have Nwn do I need expantions to play?

I used t play D&D along time ago, But not up to speed on 3rd rules.

I want to play on this mod and want to know how to get me from the boards to the game lol.

I have a 6th lvl druid on my home PC. to get use to the interface. But i want to play with others lol.

Thx for your time.

Elnik
Okay, welcome [img]smile.gif[/img] . This forum is for NWN's Escape from Undermountain, a module the webmaster made and hosts for us NWN's-goers to play in multiplayer with each other. This module he made does require the expansion pack to play in.
You say you're new to NWN's so don't rush out and get the expansion pack just yet, but check out the game itself first.

If you haven't already do play the Official Campaign that comes with NWN's (with Aribeth etc. in it). You have a 6th level druid so I assume you have played..some of it?

A character is made when you play online and then click save character (don't worry you will see when you start multiplaying) which is then saved on your computer so you can bring it into a module online.

Multiplayer is very easy to operate. In order to get into this module (EFU) you need the expansion and, if you do get it the IP address. You can also find it online but this way is better. Atop this page you will see an icon reading 'Ironworks NWN's server status'. Click this to see if the mod is online and then note down the IP address. Startup NWN's making sure you are connected to the internet. Click 'Multiplayer' and then 'Join lan game' then key in the IP address as you noted it down exactly. Click connect and you should be on your way.

Write back here if you have problems anyone will help you out. If you manage all this do take a look at the sticky threads in this forum regarding character sign-up and then decide whether you want to join the team. You do not need to join to play EFU, you're free to have a look around but It's better if you become regular there as my kitty sometimes gets crazy around strangers (don't ask [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

[ 10-18-2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 10-19-2003, 01:50 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

by the way, welcome to Iron Works.
As Spirit Warrior said, this forum is for EfU, but until someone moves the post to a different forum, help is here. Spirit Warrior summed it up pretty good, so i'll just say welcome, and return to visit us often.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote