Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2003, 11:30 AM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

I generaly play a fem rogue, but ive noticed in quite a few mods there may be romance for the male
so i made a monk...
anyhow, i managed to get the duel wield feat, but when i look at the statistics for offhand it says not applicable? does this mean to use this feat i need to use a weapon rather than unarmed?
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 03:28 PM   #2
Kerneth
The Magister

Yup. Monks don't dual wield their barehands. You could dual wield kamas if you really want to dual wield.
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 03:48 PM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

boo
hrm well i remade as a cleric instead since i didnt like the feel of the gnomish monk.

and im having a wee bit of a problem with spell selection for her
It says that you can "sacrifice" an equivalent level spell so that you can use a heal instead, but apparently my empowered quickened etc type spells dont count as the level that they are adjusted to.
for ex, for 7th level spells i have quickened call lightning, and in that spell level i also have greater restoration, my way of thinking is that i should be able to sacrifice the quickened call lightnings for the restoration since they are now memorized on the same level even though it is actualy a lower level spell /sigh, doesnt work like that, quite a nuisance.

Also...how do i break open chests/doors as a monk or a cleric? my melee damage output is really quite pathetic, and i cant seem to get my henchman to assist me in bashing (the chat option he has is for if i fail lockpicking not to help bashing) Ive tried everything from chain lightning to energy bursts and nothing seems to bash objects to bits except a melee weapon; the monks problem was his fists didnt hurt the doors and stuff hard enough either so same problem as the cleric. grrr i miss my rogue(
Old 01-18-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

oh...and another thing!
just how the heck do casters manage to cast in combat? i have 29 skill in concentration and that feat to reduce battle combat thing...but not once in like 100 battles have i *ever* managed to get a spell off if i was under attack.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:56 PM   #5
sep257
Dungeon Master

Your constitution modifer adds to your concentration skill.