Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2003, 08:21 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
As said above Penultima. I would try any of the modules on nwvaults top 20 or so. Other than that you just have to kinda look around. I have just downloaded Lone Wolf chapters 1 and 2. They look promising at least.
Wulfere, how hard is it to set up? I think it had separate 'hak paks' and you needed a character higher than level one didn't you?
Old 01-22-2003, 08:56 AM   #12
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I will try to cover all the bases, please don't think I am being condesending. I just don't know how familiar you are with all this. So please bear with me.
None of these use Hak Packs. If you do want to use a hak pack just unzip the file into the "c/Neverwinter Nights/nwn/hak" folder or cut and paste it from the unzip location. Generally they only work with the module they were designed for or one that uses the same hak.

Penultima series 1 you start with a 1st level character. You can use a higher level character if you like, I think I used a 3rd level fighter/2nd level Thief. In Penultima Re-Rolled you should use a character that you have used to complete the first campaign, though you don't have to. Preferrably with the stuff you got from that first campaign still in their inventory. Just Save the character from any game with a character you would want to use. To do that you just select "Save Character" on the Options screen. Then just download and unzip the files for the new modules into your "c/Neverwinter Nights/nwn/modules" folder and then start the game and choose "New", "Other Module", select the module and hit "Load", then "Select Premade Character" and "Play".

These are the 1st series modules to download. In order.

Penultima City
Pest Control
Hazard Pay
Dewey's Decimal
Clucking Hostile
Home Sweet Home

These modules are very toungue in cheek and have loads of smart alec answers to choose from. They make fun of all sorts of things. I really enjoyed them.
In Penultima city you can level up a 1st level character to 4th at the House of Payne. Go to the Guild of Middlemen and launch any of the other modules from there. Very niffty. You can also purchase things you'll need (Grandma Skullsplitter has some niffty stuff) and complete a couple of side quests.
Not to metion the Dragon in the Pit. Make sure you speak to the Plot Fairy.

For Penultima Re-Rolled there are only three right now.
PR0: Penultima City Redux
PR01: Party Crashers
PR02: Below the Root

I have just started Party Crashers, so I can't say too much good or bad about them. But Stephan Gnagey did a great job with the first series so I expect about the same with this one.

Lone Wolf
Chapter 1: Test of the Sun.
Chapter 2: Mysteries of the Night.

These require you to use one of the pregenerated characters from the list the creator of the module provides. You Start at 1st level.

The is also the "Legend of the Faded Moon" if you like Monks. Start a first level monk and go from there.
__________________________________________________ __

You could also download and play Chewies mod "Dark Days The Begining beta v0.6"
I enjoyed it and he would like the feedback I think.

If I haven't answered something or if you were asking about something else completely and I missed the boat let me know.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 11:55 PM   #13
homer
Manshoon

Quote:

Were would I be able to download this module?
Old 01-23-2003, 12:13 AM   #14
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by homer:
quote:

Were would I be able to download this module?[/QUOTE]http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...29759340.shtml

Here ya go. It is not a finished mod. It has fully playable quests and stories and is mostly linear. I thought it was well paced but the ending is anti climatic because it is not finished. The next update will announce that the mod is being revised But about 75% of what is available here will be included as is in the revision.

I would love feedback about encounters difficulty and balance playing with a level one character, ect. Opinions, ect. If you hate it please say why! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The feedback I have recieved on the forums and in email has been invaluable to my development as mod maker. Big Thanks to all you players out there! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The upcoming revision includes henchmen, some custom hak content and an expanded world and story and puzzles. It will be a while because I am tripling the size of what took me about 3 months to make and my real job tends to suck spare time away some weeks.

[ 01-23-2003, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 01-23-2003, 08:40 AM   #15
homer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...29759340.shtml
Thank you for the link. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It may take me a few days to find the time to play it. I will let you know what I think though.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:12 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Wulfere! That was a nice and thorough answer! I've started playing the Penultima series (just launched first mod after the basic City one) and am enjoying the silly or smart-alec replies you can make in most dialogs. LOL

Chewie, I'll probably try yours later! Sounds like a lot of work to make one of these so I hope you are getting all the feedback you need!
Old 01-23-2003, 01:20 PM   #17
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

You are most welcome Dear Lady. I hope that post helped out a bit for other folks too.

I have only recently had the time to play with the toolset and learn any of it. I know enough now though to build my own items that fit within the framework of the level restrictions. Also enough to know how much work someone has to put into one of these modules. It took me some 7 hours to figure out areas and how to place and make my own items and how to place creatures into that area. Though the encounters and area transitions still elude me. I suppose I will have to learn scripting as well. I would very much like to adapt some of the RPGA senarios I've written to NWN.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote