Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2001, 02:21 PM   #11
One-Eyed Jack

I turned off the 3d acceleration and tried to load the auto-save, but turns out it saves it BEFORE you go into the next zone, not after you get there, so that didn't work. It seemed to get just a BIT farther in the movie without crashing, where you come up to the side of the building. Any other ideas? like how to skip the movie sequence PERIOD? Thanks again.

Old 01-03-2001, 02:28 PM   #12
littlemage

have you tried pressing esc or clicking with the mouse to skip the movie?

(Yes thank you for that statement of the bleeding obvious)

Old 01-03-2001, 02:31 PM   #13
One-Eyed Jack

I tried clicking every button on the keyboard, every time i click on escape it just kicks me completely out of the game.

Old 01-03-2001, 03:37 PM   #14
G.W.

You can't skip movie sequences except the ones when you first load the game. At any rate, I suspect you have some sort of memory problem. Close all the little extensions you have running like Realplayer, Sidewinder, etc. Maybe set the volume in game to zero as well and turn off the music. Another thing: take out the CD and wipe it clean. Icewind Dale was crashing for me the very first scene and it turned out to be because the CD was dirty.

Old 01-03-2001, 04:20 PM   #15
da Chillah

alright i'm back
my email is
toilets@repairman.com

attach your saved game and i will get it past the video sequence for you
also, what they said was a little incorrect
you cannot skip a video sequence that you have not already completely seen - this means that once your computer runs the ENTIRE sequence, hitting the space bar will skip it for you, but not until it has played the whole thing for you - and this is why you aren't able to skip it, cause it never registers it as having been played thru completely
soooo, email me the file and i will go thru the sequence and email it back to you
just, um, respond to this on the board when u have emailed me
thanx!

Old 01-03-2001, 04:55 PM   #16
Master Sorcerer

dirkduck169@hotmail.com Id be glad to do it for you.

Old 01-03-2001, 10:04 PM   #17
One-Eyed Jack

Do any of you interested have ICQ? I believe it would be much easier to use through that. If not, just give me an e-mail with YOUR e-mail at TheChihuahua@Freeze.com, i'll message all of you that gave an e-mail address. I'm going to turn off all the stuff, restart the computer, and turn off ALL The extras and try to run the sequence PLUS clean the CD . Shouldnt be memory though.. 128 meg ram but OH WELL, stuff like that happens. Thanks guys.