Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2001, 05:51 PM   #1
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

C'mon, people! I cannot be the only true basketball fan around here, right? Anyone who loves this sport as much as I do, please reply. Tell me about your favourite teams and players, if you play yourselves, maybe even in a club. (just because itīs orange)

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!

[This message has been edited by debiler (edited 09-04-2001).]
Old 09-04-2001, 05:59 PM   #2
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

I used to be totally into basketball back when the Jazz were in the finals ... I was even on CBS news for being such a crazy fan ....... but after that horrible loss they have never really bounced back ... and neither have I ... sorry to say ... but I do play w/ my friends all the time .... who knows maybe the Jazz will do it next season ......
Old 09-04-2001, 06:06 PM   #3
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

LOL! Iīd have given the title to any team but Chicago. But Jordan is the greatest. I donīt think the Jazz will have a very positive future, with Stockton and Malone gone in the next two years. Jacque Vaughn is gone and DeShawn Stevenson has problems with the state government.
Being german, Iīm with the Mavs, of course. Dallas and the L.A.Clippers will be two of the most improving teams in the near future. Do you think the Clips will make it to the playoffs this season?

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!
Old 09-04-2001, 06:14 PM   #4
Conan

Did I ever tell anybody here in the forum I was in the pros..well, it would have been a lie. But I do like basketball at its best. I did warm the bench for a season in high school (thanks to the coaches son.) I was the man, shake and bake the coaches sons.. whoops. I still cant figure out why I wasnt played

Seriously thow I do love a good game. The Bucks are my home team debiler. Not bad last couple years huh! Ill be watching for sure after football season.

*\Conan/*

Old 09-04-2001, 06:19 PM   #5
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

If they do then I think that would be a great turnaround for them(they used to be the worst team in the NBA .. werent they?) .... I agree w/ what you said about the Jazz though ... unless they do some serious changin around I doubt theyll go all the way .... what they needed to do back when they were in the finalls was get rid of Ostertag ..... he is the most uncoordinated B-Ball player ever .... he never really wanted it like the others .... he could have been great to ... but he signed a big long contract and lost the will to work ... I guess for some ..... or most its all about the money ...
Old 09-04-2001, 06:20 PM   #6
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Milwaukee has great potential and IMHO, they had deserved to make it to the finals in the past season, unless they wouldīve been slaughtered by O'Neal even worse than the 76ers were. What position do you play?

------------------
Calvin the bold - the malt beer lord is in!
Old 09-04-2001, 06:22 PM   #7
Conan

If you dig up and old post you will see my comments last year Point guard

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 09-04-2001).]

Old 09-04-2001, 06:27 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Hey Debiler!
I am not a fan but I am an avid player. I play on three teams in the winter(school team, parish grade team, parish all-stars). And I luv to PLAY!!!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-04-2001, 06:28 PM   #9
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by domingo:
If they do then I think that would be a great turnaround for them(they used to be the worst team in the NBA .. werent they?) .... I agree w/ what you said about the Jazz though ... unless they do some serious changin around I doubt theyll go all the way .... what they needed to do back when they were in the finalls was get rid of Ostertag ..... he is the most uncoordinated B-Ball player ever .... he never really wanted it like the others .... he could have been great to ... but he signed a big long contract and lost the will to work ... I guess for some ..... or most its all about the money ...
Yeah, I donīt like those immobile centers much, too. Just look at Shaq, heīs the last true center in the entire league. There are others like Ratliff or Jermaine O'Neal, but they donīt act with the power Shaquille OīNeal does or Wilt Chamberlain and Patrick Ewing did in the past. They are no tough post players, they rely on their quickness and shooting. Thatīs not bad, but theyīre no real center players, donīt you think so, too?

------------------
Old 09-04-2001, 06:33 PM   #10
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Hey Lioness! Good to see you. This game kinda posesses you, right? Itīs the same with me. If I donīt play or just shoot every two days I think Iīm going crazy. Keep posting, you are just the second girl I ever met who plays BB.

------------------