Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2001, 09:41 PM   #21
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Just heard on the news two more attacks today.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-04-2001, 09:52 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Sir Taliesin - Yeah, I already talked to Turbovee about this before months ago on MSN, and he is also in the Navy. He agreed with me. Unfortunately he has no personal power to change what the Navy does even if he is in the Navy.

------------------
Old 09-04-2001, 10:54 PM   #23
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
LadyZekke, I think you're on to something. The US Government has been doing experiments for a few years with those waves, something called TESLA waves, if I remember rightly. It seems that they were inadvertently disturbing the whales' and dolphins' frequency patterns, and literally driving the poor critters crazy!

Holy CRAP! Saz, you are right! Also, another NEW Project just started testing last year by HAARP,( http://server5550.itd.nrl.navy.mil/projects/haarp/ )

They are using ULTRA High Freq's in the water.. testing communication system.. using salt water as the 'conductor' or sorts. MANY people have said (Navy people) say they see Whales running away from the area when the signal is on. And more black project crap.. You may have hit it on the head.. these signals COULD have driven them mad..

Leave it to us Humans to ruin yet another thing

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 09-04-2001).]

Old 09-04-2001, 10:57 PM   #24
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Perhaps Humans the world greatest nature destroyers.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-04-2001, 11:19 PM   #25
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

I think it's a plot by the sharks for years they have let us Americans get fat and plump up now it's time to feast

SSJ4Sephiroth try the Destin-Fort Walton Beach area much nicer than Panama City Beach, or head a little west to Navarre, Fl.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-04-2001, 11:19 PM   #26
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Perhaps Humans the world greatest nature destroyers.

Of course they are, what else would be??

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-04-2001, 11:32 PM   #27
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Perhaps it is nothing more than a freak occurence. Why is it that when things change drastically there always has to be a 'reason'? We are not sharks, we do not think like sharks, we do not reason like sharks...we have spikes in the number of bear attacks, the number of murders, the number of car accidents, etc...no real reason behind it, it is just a spike. Maybe if the shark attacks keep increasing then it is a worry, but right now it is nothing more than a deviation from the mean. Who knows, next summer there may be no shark attacks? Will we then start analyzing why no sharks are attacking???

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
**Former proud member of the Laughing Hyenas**
Old 09-05-2001, 02:46 AM   #28
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Maybe its just the weather..
This whole thing about sonar and high-freq waves reminds me of the GI Joe episode where Cobra uses a machine with high-freq waves to control the world's animals..
Okay sorry Ziroc's Gobots thread got me into a whole cartoony mood!

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-05-2001, 03:48 AM   #29
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

The Ocean is too addictive NOT to keep swimming in.

As Ladyzekke said, you need to understand the dangers. In Oz we have shark nets way out to sea (that don't cover the whole area btw) We also have shark watcher lifeguards and shark alarms that go off. Mind you the shark alarms go off and the swimmers come in, but the surfers stay out (gotta catch that wave). Then out goes a boat of lifeguards to scare off the shark.

Also it's worth remembering that humans are more dangerous to a shark than the other way round. When was the last time you heard of a group of sharks coming onto land, grabbing humans off the street, cutting off their arms for "human arm soup", and then throwing them back, leaving them to die?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-05-2001, 09:01 AM   #30
Conan

Its just nature. That is their home, and they are feeding. They are the predators, and we just happen to be in their way. They arent looking for anyone in particular. By learning more about the behavior of sharks, we can avoid the chance of becoming part of the food chain.

*\Conan/*