Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 07:06 AM   #11
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I can't agree more about the HP Printers and Scanners, Though I have a Visioneer Flatbed that does a great job. The HP Printer my girlfriend has does a fantastic job and has huge ink cartridges. I however still have the first printer I ever bought...sigh...a Canon 4300 with tensy tiny ink cartridges. Oh well it works and does what I need it to do. Of course if I need to print anything good I save it to CD or floppy and take it to her machine.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 09-06-2001, 10:02 AM   #12
MagiK

Ziroc, thats an excellent point. The real pain in the tushie with Compaq is their use of proprietary components (read that to mean non-standard) so that it is near impossible to upgrade the machine yourself. Companies like Falcon Northwest do a lot of business because they build the machines the way people like me were already doing it. If you use quality components and put it together yourself you can build a cheaper system that will toast any standard off the shelf compaq or dell or gateway. These days you don't save nearly as much money building your own but you get way better performance.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-06-2001, 10:10 AM   #13
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

70%? That seems too high to pass doesn't it.. Well, THAT 70% sucks anyway.. , I totally hate Compaq PC's.. Everything is proprietary in their PC's.. I'd either buy parts and build one, or go with Dell. Dell has always had good, non-proprietary parts--meaning you can pull a part out, like a motherboard, and put a new one in, ect...

I DO however love HP's CDR Burners and Printers/Scanners..Top notch!

I'm with you a 100% there Z. HP makes great peripherals. Del makes great PC's. If you look at buy.com, HP is trying to sell processor upgrades for their PIII systems. They are trying to "save" the customers money by not making them buy a new system by selling them an HP compatible PIII 750 processor for $1200.00!!!!!!!!!!!! You can almost buy a new P4 system for the price of their PIII upgrade!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-06-2001, 12:04 PM   #14
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Can't agree with you guys more. I can tell the diffrence with performance besides the added Mgh's, and better graphics card than my parents comp. My computer is a self build 1.1 Gh computer with a Gforce 3, a 60 gigabyte 7200 rpm hard drive, and 2000 pro. only time it locks up is when i max out the cpu. (yes has hapened 4-5 times in the past two months). I looked at coparable computers and they were anywhere from $500-$800(US) more then I payed for the parts for my comp.

------------------
People are born and people die and yeat life goes on without a care.

[This message has been edited by Blade (edited 09-06-2001).]