Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2002, 12:17 PM   #21
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
I go out a lot, have a good social life, enjoy a wide array of sports. I'm no nerd. Just a freak.
I think that if Real Genius taught us anything, it was that nerds can be cool too.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:24 PM   #22
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Hey, actor Vin Diesel is known to play D&D (I believe he visited the WotC office before or something) and he stresses that playing D&D is in no way a nerdy hobby, so there. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2002, 03:09 PM   #23
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Well, by most accounts I am nerd. I am really into RPing, I have glasses (curly hair too!), I stay on the compurter alot, I dont really like being in the 'in-crowd'.

But I think it could go the other way if I wanted it too. I just find this lief style more intresting.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 09-24-2002, 03:11 PM   #24
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Well, by most accounts I am nerd. I am really into RPing, I have glasses (curly hair too!), I stay on the compurter alot, I dont really like being in the 'in-crowd'.

But I think it could go the other way if I wanted it too. I just find this lief style more intresting.
You like hockey. By that definition alone you can't be a nerd.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:32 PM   #25
Sir Goulum
John Locke

The definition of 'nerd' depends on you. It can change from person to person...a nerd can be someone who gets perfect marks on everything. It could be someone who doesn't smoke. It could be someone that goes to forums. It could be someone who plays RPG's, and knows every single thing about computors and has numerous little devices for it.

In my opinion, noone is a nerd. We all just find some things more fun and exciting to do in our lives than others. I myself am considerd a 'nerd' by some people. To them, someone that goes on forums and plays on the computor lots is a nerd. My friends back me up...not all them do what I do, but respect what I do.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:47 PM   #26
Moni

I've been told that I am the first biker-nerd that KHaN has ever known to exist.
There are people at school who nearly dropped dead laughing at his description of me because, they say, its true.
Well, at least I am a cool nerd!
Aaaaaaayyyyy! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
(Ok that last one was just bad, somebody take my pocket protector!)

[ 09-24-2002, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 09-24-2002, 08:57 PM   #27
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

I belong to a herd of nerds? Thanks for telling me.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:23 PM   #28
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

A sociology major, who RPed with us as a study (mostly Space[d] Opera as I remember) says that all gamers have some kind of hang-up with sex. They've had bad relationships in the past, never had good success with members of the opposite sex in school, etc.

Dunno how much truth there is to that...but it's at least partly true. A lot of gamers I knew were _very_ frustrated people!
Old 09-24-2002, 11:58 PM   #29
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am a computer nerd that`s all hehe
Old 09-25-2002, 12:10 AM   #30
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:

You like hockey. By that definition alone you can't be a nerd.[/QUOTE]Ah yes, I forgot, liking hockey automaticly makes you cool
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge