Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2001, 05:33 PM   #1
Dajjer
The Magister

In one early battle my level 7 party came up against a gang of cultist and other baddies. Some of the cultists were creating elementals. However it was what the other cultists did that really impressed me and let me experience one of the coolest things ever. The cultists were lobbing fireballs from long distance.

Fireballs are alway fun to watch. But usually I am watching them from an overview perspective. (Balders, Diablo, etc). But this was the first time I ever experienced one up close and in person.

As my party was trying to melee with the pierce models, the elementals were closing in on me. But the cultist were keeping their distance. It was a thing of beauty to watch as the cultists created their fireball and lobbed it at me. From a distance you can see a small orange spot coming towards you. The spot becomes increasingly bigger and bigger. The flaming aura of the fireball, twirls in the air as the ball of destruction gets closer and closer. Finally the ball of fire almost fills the screen as it decends on your party. I watched helplessly as they lobbed two more.

Word has it that they lobbed a few more at me, but what did I care I was already dead.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:39 PM   #2
Moni

Wait till you get hit with a Firestorm! Awesome from either side
Old 12-05-2001, 07:15 PM   #3
Mage of Mystra
Dungeon Master

Hmmmmm Firestorm, miammm
Mage of Mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 02:25 PM   #4
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

A fun thing (well, in a painful way)... is when YOU lob a fireball at someone who is a good distance away - you see it streak for them, then see the message that the spell backfired, and then you get to watch YOUR fireball come back at you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think a cool effect is when the Frightmares do the fireball. [img]smile.gif[/img]