Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 06:27 PM   #1
kacey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a level 2 fighter/level 3 cleric (Lathander) & I can't seem to cast any spells. I have spells selected in my spells list, but the spell action button doesn't even come up for me. I know the interface is quite different from previous games, so I was wondering if I did something wrong with my character that is stopping me from casting spells.
kacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:13 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

you'll probably need to assign the spell icon on the command list. ie click ( either right or left mouse button ) on where you usually cast spell. choose the appropriate icon for your cleric to cast spell.

OR

your wisdom isn't high enough. you'll need 10+1 wisdom to cast level 1, 10+2 wisdom to cast level 2 etc.

[ 04-28-2003, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You should see at least one half moon crescent icon in the action bar along the lower part of the screen. If not, try right clicking on the search or hide functions (look like a magnifying glass or a figure in silhouette respectively) and a bar of selectable options will appear. Left click on the half moon and that will put a generic spell slot into the option slot you selected. To assign spells, right click again and your spell menu should appear. Left click on the spell to assign it to the magic slot.

However, what I SUSPECT may be happening is that your wisdom is too low. All spellcasters need a sufficiently high prime casting attribute in order to cast spells (wisdom for clerics, intelligence for mages, etc.) In order to cast clerical spells of level X, your fighter / cleric will need a wisdom of 10 + X (i.e. if you want to cast 9th level spells you need a wisdom of 19). If your wisdom is BELOW 10, then you can not cast clerical spells at ALL! If that is the case and you are determined to play a fighter/cleric, the only option is to ditch him and rebuild him from scratch.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote