Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2003, 08:40 AM   #1
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Hey everybody!

Just a small tidbit to give you a laugh (maybe...)
Well, i was galloping around on my horse and was going to the entrance of the Dragon Spire caves. I took the horse as far as the door outside of the bridge room. Anywho, I dismounted and went over to flip the lever.

After that finished loading, I noticed that my packs were full and I didn't have the call of home spell. I went back after flipping the lever and stood waiting at the door.
When it finished loading I was seriously shocked to see a big horse head right in my face. I yelped out in surprise. It was one of those situations when you are moving areas, things in the old one disappear while you are roaming around in the new one. It turns out that in the entrance cave the horse had it's head stuck into the bridge chamber, but when I was in the bridge chamber it disappeared.

Needless to say, I got quite a surprise when a horsehead appeared out of nowhere right in front of me.....but it was quite amusing......

sorry I wrote sooo much. I didn't mean to....

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 06-25-2003, 10:18 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

There were some pretty good scares while playing W&Ws (especially at night when monsters would suddenly appear) but this one is unique!!

Thanks for sharing that, moiraine sedai! Gave me a chuckle to start my day!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ditto! I tend to play games later in the evening, when everyone else in the house is asleep (or should be [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), and something suddenly popping up like that... I'd wake 'em up!

Thanks for putting a smile into my day [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:27 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

In order not to clog up a character's inventory I usually drop the relevant keys for a particular dungeon right at the entrance once I have completed that particular dungeon, and so they only appear once the lever is flipped. Only the party characters "travel" from one map to the other. An easy way of escaping from a fight: Flip the lever and the enemies disappear.
One exception is Signeur Pastollio. There must be two versions of him. A bit like S'Keser Da's alter ego that appears when using Radek's vanishing trick. And also like the reported bug involving a second Xydusa.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:24 PM   #5
Olli Kalma

I killed my horse onetime... it was an accident!
I was outside of town ( just front of towngate ) and I was riding a horse.
I used Call to Home spell and get into town...

When I leave town my horse back was in outside and front was 'in town'!
There it stand only half of it

I have tried to find screencapture from it for a while, but havn't find that file yet. ( allways use logic filenames and directories when saving an image! )