Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2003, 04:08 PM   #1
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Hi there.

I'm struggling with the demilich version of Improved Kangaxx.

He is totally immune to traps/ring of the ram and most low/mid level spells (including spell-defence-knockdown-spells ).

He also irritates me by protecting himself from magic weapons, knocking up a teleportation field and throwing out imprisonment spells. I can live with the imprisonment spells, but he is such a GIT.

Any ideas what will help against him? The cheesier the better, I don't want this to be a fair fight if you know what I mean
Old 04-01-2003, 04:33 PM   #2
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

Well, I never fought improved Kangaxx, but it might help to know that while in the form of a Slayer you can't be imprisoned. As well as berserked chars (Korgan).
Old 04-01-2003, 05:27 PM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Got him.

4 of my party imprisoned: Korgan. Edwin. Haer'Dalis. Vicona.
1 person killed outright(Wail of the Banshee): Imoen.

TACTIC SPOILERS
=

=
==
=
=

=====
==
===
=

Tactic.

First form: Surround him with skeleton warriors. Buff spells on party. Make sure a true sight is running in the background. Keep hitting him with high level pierce magic spells. The skeleton warriors should get him.

Second form: Immediately take steps to protect yourself from Imprisonment spells (needless to say, I didnt ). Kangaxx uses a teleport field/spell trap/physical mirror combo. Drop his defences again with high level breaches. Cast the L3 spell remove magic at the teleport field (again, I didn't). Improved haste on your fighters. Get in there and start chopping him to bits with +4/5 weapons.

[ 04-01-2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Dace De'Briago ]
Old 04-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #4
Sparhawk, Warrior of the light
Dungeon Master

Yeah thats basically the way to do it but you might wanna consider using the slayer... and maybeg spell immunity to protect yourself from imprisonment.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:42 PM   #5
Sparhawk, Warrior of the light
Dungeon Master

Cool sig Flaming Fist! yeah I gotta get mine hosted sumwhere... My server doesnt support it.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:30 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Let me see if I can give you a hand with the Demi-Lich version of Kangaxx there Dace.

Kangaxx The Demi-Lich
When he transforms into Demi-Lich form (a skull), he'll cast Time Stop, Teleport Field and usually quite a bit of Imprisonment spells (as an innate ability). Cast Spell Immunity Abjuration and Alteration to cancel out the effects of teleportation and Imprisonment. It takes +4 or better weapons to hit him and he is immune to spells from levels 1-6. Ring of the Ram also works. I only advise taking your strongest fighter to face him because not all of your characters can get both Spell Immunities.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 06:37 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Not sure if you noticed Gangrell, but they said that they were fighting the improved Kangaxx Demi-lich.(comes with a mod). And your tactics apply to the regular Kangaxx Demi-lich.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 06:40 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Not sure if you noticed Gangrell, but they said that they were fighting the improved Kangaxx Demi-lich.(comes with a mod). And your tactics apply to the regular Kangaxx Demi-lich.
Hmmm, this is for the Imp. Kangaxx Firestormalpha. That and the fact I've beaten him with the Tactics mod with this strategy.

[ 04-01-2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:19 PM   #9
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Thanks for the help peeps, nice idea with the Immunity Alteration to get over the teleport field...

However, I would dispute that the ring of the ram works, because I tried this several times in my battle to no avail.

Reading the readme revealed "Kensai Ryu added a bunch of spells to Kangaxx and gave him the option to work around some common used tactics that kill him."

I think this means the ring

Cheers once again mates.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:22 AM   #10
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:

effects of teleportation and Imprisonment. It takes +4 or better weapons to hit him and he is immune to spells from levels 1-6.

In plain SoA Kangaxx the Demi-Lich is immume to level 1 - 9 (same with every other lich you may encounter), normal liches are immume to level 1 - 5 spells, I don't think that Tactics changes this Gangrell

Quote:
Ring of the Ram also works

Does it really work Gangrell, I tested it to but never did any damage with it.

Quote:
I only advise taking your strongest fighter to face him because not all of your characters can get both Spell Immunities.

A fighter with Spell Immunity-->Abjuration/Alteration? I hope this is a Figher/Mage dual - multi class otherwise.... it can't be [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Drop his defences again with high level breaches

Breach is a level 5 wizard spell, even a normal lich is immume to it... Kangaxx is a Demi-Lich.. get the picture [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ?

Another great tactic is just to out live his immunity's (prot. magic weapon,spelltrap ect. ect.) and force in with lets say korgan with Imp. Haste and a +4 Weapon, he will be doing a serious amount of damage in a fast attack rate.

Everybody that hasn't got immunity to Improsinment should stay at the far north of the chamber, to prevent Improsinment and spells thrown at there head from Kangaxx.

[ 04-02-2003, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]