Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2004, 06:25 AM   #1
ferro287
Manshoon

During my current solo bishop campaign i ran into some unexpected behaviour which i wanted to share/put to discussion. My bishop is planned to get high ac in order to outweigh the pitiful meelee damage output. Usually he something like ac 30 (level 11) consisting of base 6 (robes) + 13 (shield) + 6 (magic items) + 4 (armorplate) + 1 (speed).

With these values level 15 rapax hit me once every 10-15 swings, except concubines which hit (when meeleeing) 3 out of 4 or so. I had already trouble with rattkin goons, since those hit about as often (and for more damage ofc). Now i levelled to 20, tped to arnika to see higardi raiders (level 5!). no prob, best meelee training i thought, but these guys hit me again 3 out of 4 attacks (meelee that is, thrown doesn't touch me). Considering that all aforementioned also get multipliers tt seems that backstabbers completely ignore ac (maybe except the base of 6 for robes).

All those values go for unencumbered, unfatigued, attacks from the front. Things look different with other monsters other wise as well (ofc).

Anyone else noticed this? Does higher base AC (platemail) help against thieves?
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 08:43 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Maybe backstabbing circumvents the shield...
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:26 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

That's probably it. You can't block behind you with a shield, unless you could wear it on your back. They may not count speed, either, since you can't react to what you can't see, even if, technically, the opponent is in front.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote