Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 09:31 AM   #1
Shrylia
Manshoon

I am lookin for help...cheats...spoil
I think I am on my way to find Firkraag and have run into a bunch of Clay Golems that are jumping back and forth behind a stuck but very BIG Iron Golem...it keeps casting Cloud Kill...ANYTHING I throw at them is INEFFECTIVE...and I thnk I have tried everything, but I am hoping I am wrong...Breach does not work...magic missles have no effect...daystar doesn't touch 'em at least long enough because Minsc dies with a bing on the head!!! Any ideas...hints...cheats...
Old 04-08-2001, 09:36 AM   #2
demus
Manshoon

Ok, spoiler for killing Iron and Clay Golems:
Iron = Fairly easy, just need at least a +2 weapon (I think).
Clay = Much more difficult, can only be harmed by a magical bashing weapon (of any power and type, but must be bashing), are completely immune to all magic, can be harmed by either cold or acid damage (I'm not sure which), but not spells using these damage types. Hope this makes sense .

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 04-08-2001, 09:55 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

SPOILERS
Iron and Adamantite golems require +3 weapons to hit.
I find the best weapon for this purpose is the Tansheron bow which fires +3 phantom arrows - it is one of the few that lets you attack these golems from a distance. A selection of +3 or higher weapons available early in the game:
Axes:
Azuredge
Frostreaver

Staffs:
Martial or Cleric Staff
Staff of Rhynn

Clubs:
Blackblood

Daggers:
Pixie Prick

Flail:
Flail of Ages

Katana:
Celestial Fury

Long Sword:
Blade of Roses

Short Sword:
Sword of Backstabbing

2 Handed sword:
Lilarcor

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-08-2001, 09:56 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

you need at least + 3 weapons for the Iron Golem, and the bashing weapon demus talks about is a blunt weapon. A wand of cloudkill works very well (not the spell). Use your toughest fighter with best AC and best weapon, carry lots of healing, and make a cleric/druid heal the fighter until he's killed the golem.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-08-2001, 10:01 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

ah, thanks epona...you beat me to it.
Old 04-08-2001, 10:04 AM   #6
Shrylia
Manshoon

Thanks for the help...I also performed a 'search' on the topic and have found loads of suggestions...which also makes me feel better that others have been stymied by these big creeps! Now to make me some golem mincemeat!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 01:29 PM   #7
BG2SOA

I just casted cloudkill on the big golem when he was stuck there and he just died after 2 or 3 cloukills.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-08-2001, 01:55 PM   #8
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

I used Minsc and Azuredge with the thrown Ability, then left to make myself a sandwich, Azuredge takes some time.
Old 04-08-2001, 01:57 PM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I had my cleric use that +5 sling on him, it did 1 damage at a time so it took about ten minuts, good thing he was stuck on that bridge.
Old 04-09-2001, 07:31 AM   #10
Shrylia
Manshoon

The strange thing about the Iron GOlem in this area is that it keeps casting Cloudkill...so I can't use that and I can't get close to wack em all ... guess I could try sweet air...or maybe just sneak by and consider myself lucky!