Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

The emotional finale of hit TV comedy Friends was watched by 51.1 million people in the US.
Preliminary ratings showed it was the highest viewing audience since the last episode of Seinfeld in 1998.

And to think I managed to miss every episode [img]tongue.gif[/img] What a shame [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] So what did I miss? any friends fans here? is it a show that should have died 3 years ago?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:01 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
The emotional finale of hit TV comedy Friends was watched by 51.1 million people in the US.
Preliminary ratings showed it was the highest viewing audience since the last episode of Seinfeld in 1998.

And to think I managed to miss every episode [img]tongue.gif[/img] What a shame [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] So what did I miss? any friends fans here? is it a show that should have died 3 years ago?
Oh darn. I also never saw an episode... They sure milked the last few episodes though, didn't they? Spots saying "The 4th to last episode"... "Only two episodes left".. It's like, get on with it damn it, show them ALL in one night and shut up!. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Milking Fraizer now too.. NBC won't know what to do soon with both of their largest shows going off the air. Maybe they'll have another Naked chicks Fear Factor

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Friends is a really good exaxmple of what can be done with pretty good actors and an American style writing committee instead of just one or two writers. It was only rarely brilliant but was pretty consistently good. Sort of sad to see it go in a way as they proved, at least to me, that it had enough life to keep trundling on for a while yet. Sure it probably wouldn't have been ground breaking, but you don't want that from every show you watch. It still makes me laugh every now and then, however pedestrian it may have been.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:06 PM   #4
Smoothie
Manshoon

thank god it is over.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:43 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Last fridays Enquirer wrote some pretty interresting stuff about what happened behind closed doors on the set. I guess it wasn't all that "friendly" after all. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2004, 07:05 AM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well I like the series a lot, especially up until 6th season they were great but after that they became a bit tired although I still watched every episode [img]smile.gif[/img] .
The last few episodes of the series seem to have focused on getting few tear out of the audience and it was really starting to annoy me this fake sentimentality... and the ending seems to have been tailored to what most fans wanted to see.

As much as I like it I feel kind of indiffrent that they are finished.

[ 05-10-2004, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 07:44 AM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

All I can say is good riddance. I couldn't stand the show. I have had two girlfriends try to sit me down to watch that show, so I saw all of two episodes. It was horrible IMHO. Then again, I dislike most sitcoms anyway, so no surprise that I didn't like it.

I'm just glad I'm not going to have to hear about it again until they do a reunion special.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:54 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well they got 1 million per episode EACH. so they have been getting 1 million per week for the last season.. (or something like that)

it was okay to watch once in a while. not a fanatic though.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:34 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Never really like to watch it since the beginning. thank goodness it's over already.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:45 AM   #10
dplax
Jack Burton

I also never saw an episode. Don't even like this type of TV-shows.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote