Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 07:37 AM   #1
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Has anyone else been watching this new series? It's kind of like the X-men film and I've just watched my first episode (number 3 in the first series). the thing that interested me is that Marvel Comics logo comes up at the end of the film but I've never heard of any of the characters. Does anyone know of their involvement with this series? What do people think of the shows so far? Also, how comes none of them wear costumes? Surely you can't be a super hero without tights and a cape?
Old 10-29-2001, 11:15 AM   #2
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Hhheeeelllloooo. Is anyone there?
Old 10-29-2001, 11:16 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Haven't seen it. Can you name the characters?

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark
Old 10-29-2001, 11:18 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

A new X-Men series? Oooh tell me more...
I loved the old X-Men cartoons. The animations weren't that great but it was just so very watchable!

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-29-2001, 11:22 AM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Is this the one Marvel sued over because it seemed to close to the X-Men? If so, maybe displaying their logo is a condition of use?

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Old 10-29-2001, 11:24 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

Well, I thought Mutant X was a comic printed by Marvel. Did someone use the name for a cartoon without permission?

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark
Old 10-29-2001, 12:02 PM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Well, I thought Mutant X was a comic printed by Marvel. Did someone use the name for a cartoon without permission?

I believe you're thinking about Weapon X, aka Wolverine.

In the X-Men comics, wasn't "Mutant X" Moira MacTaggart's son? Proteus maybe?

I love the old X-Men books! Mid 70's through early 80's! The newer stuff's been pretty good, but those were the "haydays".

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 01:46 PM   #8
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I believe you're thinking about Weapon X, aka Wolverine.

In the X-Men comics, wasn't "Mutant X" Moira MacTaggart's son? Proteus maybe?

I love the old X-Men books! Mid 70's through early 80's! The newer stuff's been pretty good, but those were the "haydays".

Yep, Proteus/Mutant X - a reality warping lunatic if I remember rightly. I have a whole collection of early X-Men comics. E.g. the whole "Dark Phoenix" saga, first graphic novel etc etc etc. I really must dig them out and have another read sometime when I have a lot of time to spare

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 02:02 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Yep, Proteus/Mutant X - a reality warping lunatic if I remember rightly. I have a whole collection of early X-Men comics. E.g. the whole "Dark Phoenix" saga, first graphic novel etc etc etc. I really must dig them out and have another read sometime when I have a lot of time to spare

I became a monthly reader a few months before The Dark Phoenix Saga began. Over years of collecting I had almost all the issues from 95 (the second one in the "new" X-Men series) through 200 or so. I sold off my collection after I got married, but got back into comics a few years later and have picked some of them back up. I paid quite a bit more buying them back than I got for selling them. The prices have gone up about 1000%

Did you ever read Dark Phoenix? It was a one-shot, double-size comic that was John Byrne's original concept for X-Men #137, the ending to the Dark Phoenix saga. His original idea was to exorcise the Phoenix spirit leaving Jean Grey with her previous Marvel Girl powers.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 09:28 AM   #10
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
A new X-Men series? Oooh tell me more...
I loved the old X-Men cartoons. The animations weren't that great but it was just so very watchable!

Well, for the benefit of lifetime, here's a brief summary. Set a couple of years in the future mutants have suddenly started appearing. They are feared by the general public and there is an evil government agency that is charged with monitoring/contolling the "mutant threat". on the opposite side is a guy called Adam(played by the same man who played Lex Luthor in the New Adventures Of Superman TV series) who is the Professor X equivalent. I'm not sure if he has any powers at the moment as I only saw about 40 minutes of 1 episode. There is also a telepathic young girl and A regular boy scout character who seems to be able to change his body density, I saw him change to gas and a kind of lava-rock substance. The last two members (at the moment) are another female who can fly and seems to be an excellent fighter (may have super strength or reflexes) and, finally, the compulsory moody loner with a shady background who can fire lightning bolts. Maybe the Marvel accreditation comes from the fact that all five members of the team and the setting are a little too similar to the recent film?