Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 05:22 PM   #1
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

I dont think this is a spoiler, but im being carefl just in case

1) whereabouts is it that you enter the shadow theives training ground? I know it about athkalata somewhere but i can remember for the life of me where!

2) is there anything worthwhile in it? Or have i just got a bad memory?

Cheers in advance

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 05:24 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

IN the docks under where the reanal blooscalp guy lives when you go to meet Aron lindvail or however you spell is name the head of the shadow thieves.

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 05:26 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
IN the docks under where the reanal blooscalp guy lives when you go to meet Aron lindvail or however you spell is name the head of the shadow thieves.

I dont think you can acess it from there though, i think remember entering from another building entirley and ending up in their training ground, but i may just be dillusional LOL!

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 05:30 PM   #4
koz-ivan
Manshoon

there is a training room in the rouge guild that maevar runs.

i.e. a room full of locked & trapped compartments. is that what you mean?
it's on the second floor of maevar's guildhouse docks district.

there is a few gems, potions, gold and a fair bit of xp.

and the only magic buckler in the game.
Old 06-08-2001, 05:32 PM   #5
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Uh huh - a rogue stone.

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 05:33 PM   #6
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by koz-ivan:
there is a training room in the rouge guild that maevar runs.

i.e. a room full of locked & trapped compartments. is that what you mean?
it's on the second floor of maevar's guildhouse docks district.

there is a few gems, potions, gold and a fair bit of xp.

and the only magic buckler in the game.
No, it's actually in the Shadow Theives Complex

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 05:44 PM   #7
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

It is on the same map as Aran Linvail, directly north of both entrances. There is a thief ring of some kind, I cn't remmeber exactly what skill it enhanced, and some neat random stuff going on.
Old 06-08-2001, 05:50 PM   #8
Floraowe
The Magister

First go through the secret door that leads to Aran's part of the guild. From the first room go up the corridor to the end. In the room on the left will be the coat-check girl, if you go right you'll come to the start of the training ground. The only real treasure in that area is a ring. There's a room with a thief in it who tries to get you to help him assassinate Aran. He gets killed by another thief, and you can get a ring of something-or-other (lockpicking or danger sense I think) from his body.
Old 06-09-2001, 12:43 AM   #9
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

What I think Jerome is talking about is the back entrance to the Thieves' guild training maze.

The Thieves' guild training areas is located Underneath the Docks district. It runs from the shadow thieves guild building all the way over to a little exit door in the very far NE of the Docks screen.
Normally the door you can't go through, but once you access that chapter, the door can be entered. You walk along a small platform on the east side of the docks by the water to enter the small doorway located in the wall. That is the back entrance to the Training maze. I know this because that is the way I entered the Shadow thieves guild. I didn't enter it through the main building.