Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 01:48 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Am I am taking suggestions for what type of character my main character should be. I'm thinking I will make an evil character, but that isnt set in stone. Im thinking maybe a halfling warrior, or something ridiculous like that. any suggestions allowed by the game without editing, will be carefully weighed. please post suggestions here.

[ 11-05-2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 11-05-2002, 02:09 PM   #2
purre
Banned

Making a new main character isnt "A simple task".
Make a real EVIL party,and you should be then chaotic evil (my favorite choise). Then give him/her a ridiculous voice (it is a good thing that it can be changed later). Take the smallest possible race,give him/her the biggest axe or warhammer and fortress shield.That will look really ridiculous,I promise. Maybe your character should be a berserker then.

[ 11-05-2002, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: purre ]
purre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:15 PM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

What do you mean by "not editing"?
Not adding Mods?

Because if you're fine with adding Mods, i wholly recommend the Valen Mod - it adds both a cool NPC for an evil party (Valen is as evil as BG2 can get... She's in my party right now, and she is by far my favorite NPC, including ALL of BioWare original NPCs), and a fun, evil fighter kit (the Anti Palading - basically an Evil Inquisitor).
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:21 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Oh, an evil game. I love it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I suggest you be a Sorcerer. As Dundee would say it, "raining death and destruction on your enemies is funny, indeed". It really is. [img]smile.gif[/img] It might be a bit hard on the start of the game to go solo, but you probably know how to survive, as you are an experienced BG2-player.

As for NPC, I suggest you take Valen only. It will force you to download a mod, but beeing a romanceable evil Fighter/Thief Vampire, she really is worth it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:33 PM   #5
Alson
Galvatron

Psst... Sir Exxon... Valen is not a romance option... You don't want people to start feeling rejected, now, would you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:38 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
Psst... Sir Exxon... Valen is not a romance option... You don't want people to start feeling rejected, now, would you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You know, in a moment of boredom, I mixed her up with Tashia in my head. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm sorry, my mistake.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:50 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I dont think I am going to solo, but Im not going to use a full party maybe 2 or 3 NPCs at most. Im thinking of taking korgan, and viconia, and thats it right now, so i may be some sort of magic user, maybe an illusionist or something, or maybe just a halfling warrior, and sub korgan for edwin.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:01 PM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Oh, I know now!
Make a Sorcerer, download Valen, get her, and get Viconia! Boom!, you'll have a onderful evil party, with one Wizard, one Cleric, one Thief, and one Fighter! Plus that you get a romance (NOT Valen, Alson [img]tongue.gif[/img] )! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm starting to get tempted as well... *runs off to plan his new evil Sorcerer*
Old 11-05-2002, 05:19 PM   #9
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

actually you can put a nix on this unless you want to list some of the weirdest parties you have ever played. like a really evil solo gnome true theif or stuff like that. anyway the store called me and said they have GTA:vice city in for so I'm going to have to devote my next few nights entirely to that. thats game is awesome.