Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2001, 01:24 PM   #91
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Memny! Ha! Or should that be "Ms. Memny" LOL! You guys taking bribes for blue stars??? What would it be worth to make that poor little (tiny) "9 posts" into something like...hmmmm...say 400? (LadyRae looks around, quickly, making sure none of the other Magisters followed them here...Surely no one would notice that the 9 was now 400? That her dingy little brown stars are now the pretty blue ones...And, weren't there just 2 of them before??? LadyRae panics and hides in shadows and poor Memny, startled by her sudden disapearance whips his head around so fast he (simutaneously) loses his foo-foo wig and falls off his high-heels!) Mmmmmmm, Baby! Nice legs! Don't you dare shave a single adorable hair off 'em! 8*D

Nah, I'd wax them off. Can't be that hard. I'm a MAN!!!

On second thought, after watching What Women Want, maybe not.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-03-2001, 01:33 PM   #92
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hello, fellow spammers. Got a lot of stuff to catch up on. I am actually getting a little culture this weekend. Went to a couple of recitals on Thursday, saw a high school play last night (damn yankees) and I am going to see a Hockey game today (Go Blue Jackets) so I will be hopeless behind CB. But I did want to check in to say HI!

BK

------------------
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
________
Blood disorders advice

Last edited by Black Knight; 03-21-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-03-2001, 01:35 PM   #93
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hi BK

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?
Old 03-03-2001, 06:51 PM   #94
Stealthy

Hi BK, not enough culture for you here? We are all deeply wounded, these conversations are of the highest significance and deeply philosophical. I only come to stretch my mind and flex my fingers.

PS Is it just me, or are the likkle star awards an open invitation for Cloudbringer to be re-named GalaxyBringer?

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-03-2001, 07:12 PM   #95
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Where the hell is Donut???

I think (just to go back on topic for a mo) that it´s good to not have a sex listing so that particularly women can be anonymous and feel unthreatened if need be.

I thought Draconia was a man until she corrected me.
I knew Melusine, Moiraine, Ladyzekke were femme.
I thought that... hmmm who shall it be.... oh yeah, I thought that Ramon was a girl just from her.. I mean his posting style (joshing, joshing)

Adds to the mystery. Means you have to actually CONVERSE or read to find out. And why should we have differing posting replys for men or women?

Actually, I think Yorick may have a point here.

I was reading in a PC games mag the other day that a lot of women are having trouble on games forums (fora, surely) basically being abused by yobs with nothing better to do. I know that this would never be allowed to happen on our board, we have a good community with a good moderator, so if anyone spouted abuse their feet wouldn't touch the ground.

But it concerns me that women may be put off from joining by bad experiences on other boards, and so may want to retain anonymity (until we squeeze their life story from them!!!! ).

Having said that, this is obviously a friendly place, and I deliberately chose a feminine nick to avoid confusion, and to avoid anyone *assuming* that I was male because I was into PC games, (although I didn't fill in any of the optional profile details for a while - I did that when I felt I 'belonged', which didn't take long). It is also fun to try and guess though!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-03-2001, 07:16 PM   #96
Sir_Tainly

Its a sad state of affairs when women can't log on to a forum, without getting abuse. I have to say that I like the idea of the tag/symbol whatever, with an option to be mysterious, but I feel that for the reason Epona gave it wouldn't work. Why does the yobbish minority always spoils things for everyone else.

------------------

Old 03-03-2001, 07:21 PM   #97
Moiraine
Anubis

Actually, I stated from the beginning that I am a woman, that I am 36, that I am married and have a son. I am a computer engineer, which means that ever since I was a student, 90 % of the people around me have been men. And also that I kinda have to behave professionnally much as a man does. And I have never before the Board encountered another woman playing RPGs. And, as my name is Claude, which is mostly a man's name, most professional letters or mails from people not knowing me are addressed to "Mister" Claude COIFFIER. So I was starting to feel a bit isolated as a woman. When I went to the Board, I wanted to be addressed as such, not at all to play a man's role once again, even for fun ! And the "married and a son" thing I stated to be able to make male friends here without any 'other' ideas popping in anybody's mind. I'm glad I did, otherwise Yorick would never had come to visit !

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 07:25 PM   #98
Stealthy

Luckily, the only flaming here has been stamped on very quickly and even that wasn't sexist. Maybe this game and board atracts a more intellectual crowd, instead of the lager louts

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-03-2001, 07:29 PM   #99
Moiraine
Anubis

I have to say, I have never seen another Board where women are welcomed and cherished as we are here !
I think all of us had expected at first to be barely tolerated as oddities, am I wrong ?
That's the impression I've got myself from most of the males playing RPGs around me here, anyway.
Thank you all for the warmth !

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 07:29 PM   #100
Sir_Tainly

Maybe it does Stealthy, we do seem to have a lot of members interested in the arts too, poets, musicians and writers. Whatever the reason the results are good.

Drinking heroicly to intellectuals over beer monsters.

------------------