Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 09:56 PM   #41
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by canadianvixen:
Ralph's exact words were "every man, woman and child." So $400 for every person in your home. Unfortunately pets don't count.
As for the oil...actually we drill as close as Leduc/Nisku to edmonton and the major oil refinery is on the outskirts of the city towards Sherwood Park, so it's literally in our backyard. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Melechor - you're right I forgot about the conversion....what can I say, it sucks even worse to be you. Time to buy a little smart car running a hybrid has got to be a lot less expensive.
Yesss! I can't wait!
Well, yeah, we see the oil donkey's all over the place, I just used Ft.Mac because it's the major oil reserve in Alberta/Canada.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:48 AM   #42
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Seems like everyone around here is sick these days!
Cept'me!

Don't worry T-D-C, i'm sure you will have a few more days off soon when you don't go into work after crying for the Tiger's loss in the finals
[/QUOTE]Ok here is the deal hive. When the Tigers win you will put my Tigers pic in your sig for a week. If the Dragons win I will put a Dragons pic in my sig for a week. Deal ?
[/QUOTE]Hmm, hold on.....
By Dragon's, you had better mean a St George dragons pic
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:39 AM   #43
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yes yes I do mean a St george Dragons Pic. You can even animate it so it is eating a tiger if you wish.

Good thing is I might be watching the tigers victory LIVE in works corporate box if their is a spare seat [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 06:19 AM   #44
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I went to school yesterday, but I'm off again today as I have really bad stomach pains. I took some Andrews Salts (or something) and I feel better. My attendance is going to suck at this rate [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 06:49 AM   #45
Melcheor
Manshoon

Always a lot of bugs going round at this time. Everyone goes back to school and catches all the stuff other people had over the summer. Just a product of stuffing 2000 people in one building 5 days a week.
Melcheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:20 AM   #46
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

Sitting in my hotel in Clemson, SC tonight. Here until Friday, taking care of customers... I love this part of my job! And they pay me for it too!
A very naughty part of my brain thinks this could be taken sooooooooooo many ways! Um...what is it that you do for the customers?

Melcheor, I see that every year where I work (at a university). Students come in and within a month everyone's got something or is passing it along! Sometimes I wonder if we should all wear little masks! LOL
Old 09-22-2005, 07:44 PM   #47
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Yay! I got an iPod nano!!!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:01 PM   #48
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

Sitting in my hotel in Clemson, SC tonight. Here until Friday, taking care of customers... I love this part of my job! And they pay me for it too!

A very naughty part of my brain thinks this could be taken sooooooooooo many ways! Um...what is it that you do for the customers? [/QUOTE]LOL! You got me there, Cloudy! I'm only helping this customer during the day, and far away from my hotel room

I'm helping them with EDI, transmitting business documents electronically. I spent yesterday training them on how it's done, and parts of today configuring and implementing the solution. Tomorrow I get to finish up a couple of other issues, finish writing a trip report, and head home to see the family [img]smile.gif[/img]

And tonight, I wrote thank-you notes to a few other customers, am getting ready to watch Survivor, and will then work on some new features for the product I manage. And hopefully get to sleep earlier than usual... I was a bit sleepy this afternoon [img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:17 PM   #49
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Me and my boyfriend (yeeeeheeeeee) where walking through the city centre today to catch the bus.

Now he likes dressing gothy, including eyeliner (it looks good on him)

Well, walking to the bus stop we passed a group trying to hand us flyers for some event, he waved them off and said no thanks.

The response we got, was something along the lines of "bloody lesbos" or words simmilar to the same effect.

It upset us both rather a lot, he's a great guy, and doesn't deserve that stuff being said about him.

The day before we'd been walking along and this lady was telling her son to pull up his trousers (2-3 ish, potty training gone wrong) and she asked her son to "say sorry to the ladys"

It keeps happening, people look at us together and they see girl-girl, alone he's seen as he is, a guy for the most part, but my appearence seams to dimish his masculinity to other people.

Oh, and we almost got caught kissing with some energy in his back garden by his step father, the kissing isn't wrong, he knows we're together, but the "with energy" part might cause some upset.

But another good day.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #50
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HEHEHE!

Thanks for the explanation...wouldn't want me thinking the wrong thing about your profession and hotels... LOL It was amusing when I first saw it... just had to ask! That and I'm sleep deprived too.. this weather shift up here at this time of year usually does that to me for a few weeks.

Sir G, Happy Ipod ownership!