Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2003, 09:45 AM   #1
Sythe
Ra

Okay months ago I got Icewind Dale Trilogy for Christmas. I finished reading it and I was eager to buy the next book of the series. I didn't know what order so I bought Servant of the Shard. (Big mistake I got spoiled quite a bit.) Now below might contain some spoilers I suggest you read no further if you haven't read The Silent Blade.

Okay next book is Spine of the World. Problem is I don't have enough money BUT. Does the book mention what happens to Jarlaxe and Artemis? I am thinking Spine of the World is all about Wulfgar about his demons and stuff and no snap about Artemis and Jarlaxe. If my guess is right would it be alright to read Servant of the Shard first then Spine of the World?
Old 07-18-2003, 10:23 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Servant of the Shard takes place after Spine of the world, is all about Wulfgar, and is probably R.A. Salvatore's worst forgotten Realms novel, the Silent blade is the one that takes place first, a chronological listing can be found here (chronological in order of writing, as the dark elf trilogy takes place before the icewind dale trilogy)

it also has the customary comments by Drizzt about life in general.

{edit}you can read servant of the shard without missing anything that happens in Spine of the World, but Spine has alot of relevance to Sea of Swords{/edit}

[ 07-18-2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 07-18-2003, 11:56 AM   #3
Sythe
Ra

Thanks I wasn't planning to miss out on Spine of the World at all.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:21 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
Servant of the Shard takes place after Spine of the world, is all about Wulfgar, and is probably R.A. Salvatore's worst forgotten Realms novel, the Silent blade is the one that takes place first, a chronological listing can be found here (chronological in order of writing, as the dark elf trilogy takes place before the icewind dale trilogy)

it also has the customary comments by Drizzt about life in general.

{edit}you can read servant of the shard without missing anything that happens in Spine of the World, but Spine has alot of relevance to Sea of Swords{/edit}
hmm, after rereading it I could have phrased it better, Spine of the World is all about Wulfgar, and Servant is all about Artemis/Jarlaxle.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:21 AM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>I slept through Spine of the World. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Skip it, and go straight to Servant of the Shard.</font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:19 PM   #6
Sythe
Ra

Mayhap contains Silent Blade Spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

In Servant of the Shard would Morik be mentioned. Late in the Silent Blade he was assighned by one of the drow to keep an eye on Wulfgar. There was mention of him on page 32. ARE YOU sure that I wouldn't miss a THING from Spine of the World?
Old 07-21-2003, 02:48 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

He's a major character in Spine of the World, but recieves only a passing mention in Servant of the Shard (basically a cameo because of another character's job function), you're not really missing anything if you don't read spine, as most of the important stuff will be rehashed in Sea of Swords, or what's relevant to Servant of the Shard.