Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 12:18 PM   #31
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Murdock

"I...I have never been asked that question before. What do I want? I could say money, but I can always get that on my own. I want something of real value. Like a special weapon. Or maybe a magical trinket that aids me. Something like that. Can I have something of rarity, such as I have described? This is my payment up front."
Old 01-26-2002, 07:28 PM   #32
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> You know what happens when you're so obliging, Spree? Go get your mithril chain done NOW! Oh, and I'll be waiting for you to throw the plot twist

IC>>>
Mistral, Room in Dragon's Clutch Tavern, Talever

She trudges towards the drawbridge, blood oozing from the wornout boots and unkempt hair flying wildly in the wind ~ "Please... I am here... to see... my mother." ~ Almost choking on the words from her parched throat, she gazes pleadingly at the exquisitely dressed guard.

As he stands regarding her thoughtfully, the other one rasps ~ "Captain, surely you're not taking her seriously? Look at her! A beggar, no doubt. We ought to turn her away." ~ Sniffing contemptuously at her. ~ "We ought to, but we shan't. Not until we've uncovered more of this... mystery, anyway." ~ The Captain turns to her again, his green eyes glittering and compassion streaked across his handsome face ~ "Forgive my impudence, my lady, but I need a little more detail. Perhaps you can tell me the name of your mother."

The wave of anxiety is so very real; her face turns ashen and she staggers backward ~ "I... I don't know her name." ~ The words tumble out in a desperate sob ~ "I was too young, then. Only a babe..." ~ They will never believe her, now. But oh, how she longs to rest her eyes upon her mother. The mother who had died a wrongful death ~ "I..." ~ Swaying on her feet, she feels powerful arms grasping hers ~ "Let your heart be easy, my lady. Come, you need rest." ~ To her horror, she finds herself sinking into a delicious embrace, feeling the terror ebb away ~ "You will take me to her, won't you... Captain?"

In answer, he draws back slightly, yet not releasing her completely ~ "I will do so, when you are recovered." ~ Hearing the strangled cough beside them, she whips her head to see the gawking guard, speculation written all over his face. Her cheeks flaming hot, she turns away and lowers her head, trembling as she makes the discovery. She doesn't want to be free!

"You have my word that I will." ~ The masculine voice reassures her, and finally the spell is broken. Ignoring the bewildered guard, they walk pass the gates, into the courtyard and further within...

"M...mother?" ~ She whispers, her gaze transfixed on an older version of her reflection ~ "I am Mistral..." ~ Fear rendering her voice quivering. Will she be recognised? She has travelled so far.

"Mistral?" ~ The thrill in the reply is unmistakable; she finds herself pressed tightly against the regal lady's chest ~ "How I've waited for your return! You've grown so much, my child." ~ The next few minutes spent in silence, the Captain looking away discreetly ~ "Did... did you ever get to see your father, Mistral? And if so, how is he?"

Thank Ciretose that her grimace is shielded from her mother! The eagerness a stinging insult to her pride ~ "I did." ~ Two syllables pronounced in a neutral tone, hoping she need never reveal the ugly truth ~ "Well? How is he? Is he well and happy? Why did you not bring him?"

"I only knew he was my father at his deathbed." ~ Regretfully, she answers, her hands holding her mother tightly as she hears the heartwrenching wail. Another set of powerful hands stabilises the frail body ~ "It's alright, my lady. I've got her, too."...

"It seems almost a sin for me to have returned. I have brought her nothing but grievous news." ~ And more to come. She stares at the horizon, feeling the wind whip her robes viciously and her hair dancing ~ "Yet I had to. One usually wishes to see one's parents."

"My lady, you did what you had to. Surely no one can blame you for that." ~ She feels the spell weaving around them once more, her heartbeat turning irregular ~ "What is my mother's name, anyway?" ~ Knowing resistance is futile ~ "Her name, my lady, is Isabelle." ~ Her knees turning wobbly, she reaches to grasp hold of the tree trunk behind her. Then leans back against it. He steps closer, respectfully. Yet the proximity threatens to suck the breath from her. Desperately, she stammers again.

"I... I'm unused to being called 'my lady'. I would rather that you call me by my name. Mistral." ~ Shyly turns around to receive his penetrating stare, feeling the blood rush into her cheeks ~ "And I would be most grateful if you could call me by mine as well. Justin."...

In reality, a sweet smile creeps onto her lips and her breathing becomes more regular. Outside, the sky gradually begins to lighten into a glorious pink. Daybreak...

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 01-26-2002, 08:15 PM   #33
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>~singing the words...
Spree..has left me...hanging all alone!.(doo, dee, doo, doo)
I....I have been here all day!..(doo,dee-dee, doo, doo)
I...am entertaining myself with this song...and I don't care if it don't rhyme because nobody really cares anyway and would rather be playing like I wish I was playing so nobody should be even reading this because nobody cares and if they cared then they shouldn't because there are more important things to do and I should be doing them but since I am here I guess I am just waiting around trying to remain calm so that I can make another post on a game that is in a world that I wish I could slip into sometime but I cannot so I guess I will stop now because I am tired of typing and I am wondering if anybody has posted now>>>>(Dee, da,...da...dumm.)
Old 01-26-2002, 08:34 PM   #34
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> You must be really bored, Larry [img]tongue.gif[/img] Why don't you use your imagination a bit and create a longer post? I don't need Spree to be around, cos I do just that (But obviously, Spree as DM can always overrule me if she has violent objections )
Old 01-27-2002, 08:21 AM   #35
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
OOC>>>~singing the words...
Spree..has left me...hanging all alone!.(doo, dee, doo, doo)
I....I have been here all day!..(doo,dee-dee, doo, doo)
I...am entertaining myself with this song...and I don't care if it don't rhyme because nobody really cares anyway and would rather be playing like I wish I was playing so nobody should be even reading this because nobody cares and if they cared then they shouldn't because there are more important things to do and I should be doing them but since I am here I guess I am just waiting around trying to remain calm so that I can make another post on a game that is in a world that I wish I could slip into sometime but I cannot so I guess I will stop now because I am tired of typing and I am wondering if anybody has posted now>>>>(Dee, da,...da...dumm.)

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
Now, where IS Spree?

see ya!
Old 01-27-2002, 09:50 AM   #36
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Ah Larry, I know the feeling. There were many times I wished I could be feasting upon a high platter of cinnamon pop-tarts with Deiter. And Mistral! Gimme your best shot ya pansy hugger! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] )

Arleth

~Savannah clung to her bow as you crept through the dark foilage. Each stride was carefully and quietly placed, as if she were afraid she'd wake the dead if she made any noise. She whispered harshly over to you.~ "Arleth, you don't have a mind to cross the Bulwark again. Do you? I'd rather not test my luck twice." ~She exhaled, her breath showing in the cold night air.~

Murdock

~She nodded her head, reaching inside a pack that was loosely fastened around her waist.~ "Your first sin is..." ~She rummages about in the satchel for a moment. A satisfied look crosses her face, and she pulls from the medium sized bag a folded cloak. Its fabric is silken and black. She lifted it up slowly, letting it unravel.~ "Greed." ~She hands you the cloak.~ "Cloak of the Mesa. Lightweight, airy, and hides you from even the most prying eyes. You just need to keep quiet." ~She raised an eyebrow to you.~ "Will this suffice?"

Mistral

~Brier has been awake for a time now. She's been mechanically getting ready for the day while you slumbered. Now, with nothing else to do she sits and reflects, speaking in her native elvish tongue, if it is only a whisper.~ ^He should have fallen with the rest... He should have protected what he sought!^ ~You couldn't understand her words, but they stung the taciturn air like the singing of poisoned arrows.~ ^He left us, he should have been there to protect us! All of us!^ ~Her hands were in tightly clenched fists.~ ^Because of him they are all dead! Gone! And...^ ~Her words ebb off like a mighty river branching to a trickling creek.~ ^Damn him.^ ~She buried her head in her knees, shivering slightly, but not daring to cry.~
Old 01-27-2002, 10:32 AM   #37
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Killing Spree:
...Aoisan...

~Lowell exhaled as they reached the road.~ "There we are then Aoisan! The road to Llitrium! Fair time we made I'd say, though we should likely stop in town and rest for the night." ~He gestured that they keep moving.~ "Pace to fast for ya?" ~He chuckled.~ "I guess I have gotten in the habit of walking fleetly... Generally away from my harem, but."

"You think I can't keep up with you? Where did you get that idea? In fact I'd be very surprised if you could keep up with me!" ~With these words, Aoisan shapeshifted into wolf-form and went off at a fast trot, looking backwards to see if his friend took the challenge. They took the last bit of their journey very fast.~
Old 01-27-2002, 12:32 PM   #38
Sir Exxon
Zartan

ARLETH - IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE

"The Bulwark? No problem." *It was Thyron who had finally said something*
-What do you meen no problem?" *Arleth had a searching look*
"Well, there's a bridge a couple o' miles north from here"
"A Bridge?!" *Savannah almost yelled out the words* "This is just great. Here we risk our lives, trying to go with a float over the Bulwark, and there's a bridge a piece longer up! This is just great, Arleth."
-Hey, dont blame me. How could I know? *A little fight broke out between Arleth and Savannah.*
"Hey hey hey! Clam down will you? Dont be so fighsty, it went alright, right?" *Thyron had a father-kinda look*
-Yeah, you're right. Let's think of something else.
"Yeah." *Savannah had calmed down.*
"That's good."
*The day had come. The sun burned in their backs, while they walked, and walked, and walked against the bridge over Bulwark.*

see ya!

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]

Old 01-27-2002, 02:50 PM   #39
Lucre
Elminster

Elle, Happy Land where the Pink Elephants Roam

Elle was quite clearly not feeling well and had just walked up to a dog and said
"Ah, hello Sir, I'm selling these fine leather jackets!"
"Uh... Excuse me miss" The guard said "I don't think you're feeling to well,"
"Oh, I'm fine"Elle replied - she was looking to the side of the guard talking to thin air though.
Old 01-27-2002, 03:46 PM   #40
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

She walked down to the market and sat were she allways sat after her shift,she watched and noticed a pair of sky blue eyes under a cart full of chicken,"Garet,come on no chicken stealing again remember last time Mr.Gondea knock you-" "All right,"the boy groaned.(No KillingSpree Garet isn't an NPC,he want her to find his erm I will tell ya that.)
Everyone K.S. Complains to much!
[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: TheGrandSlayer ]

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: TheGrandSlayer ]