Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2002, 02:52 PM   #1
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For those of you who don't know, Jean Marie Le Pen is a fascist bigot, and I'm being very polite here, but I'm sure Epona will be able to give a few good words to describe him.

It just disgusts me that people can feel compelled to think of voting for this man... a man who is avoiding any real issues and blaming any and all problems as the fault of immigrants, and the unemployed.
It's unlucky for France, they didn't have very good choices this time round anyway, they have to chosse either a neo-nazi or as he has been called by many) a crook.
{Rant off}
Old 05-04-2002, 02:56 PM   #2
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmm, this guys name looks like a girls, but i know its pronounced differently in french . Maybe the french should revolt and overthrow the government and get better candidates up there
Old 05-04-2002, 02:59 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

How anyone could vote for a man who was an intelligance officer in algeria is beyond me. For those who dont know thats like a french man crossed with the gestapo. He tortured people, if he can do that himself I shudder to think of the things he could order.

He wont get in anyway super menteur will do it. If I could have voted for anyone it would have been Jospin.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:03 PM   #4
Talthyr Malkaviel

Well, it was good to see that huge street march against him though... I hold nothing but contempt for his type, calling the holocaust "a detail of history."
It serioulsy scares me though how closely his thoughts on immigrants etc resemble the cocncept of "arians."
Old 05-04-2002, 03:06 PM   #5
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Well he has been trying to justify that recently by saying he loves his children more that he does his nephews\nieces his cousins less that them and so forth. Its complete bull but he is playing pussycat for the more moderate right wing who he wishes to steal from chirac.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:08 PM   #6
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

the way i see it,unless your french,it's none of your business.it's for the french to decide who will lead them,not you,not me.the more foreigners protest them and the more violence the left causes,the more fuel to feed the backers of le pen.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:09 PM   #7
Talthyr Malkaviel

Exactly, and if there was a snowballs chance in hell he got into office, then I think we'd all quickly see that facade dropped.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:13 PM   #8
Talthyr Malkaviel

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
the way i see it,unless your french,it's none of your business.it's for the french to decide who will lead them,not you,not me.the more foreigners protest them and the more violence the left causes,the more fuel to feed the backers of le pen.
Well, actually the only major protest so far was wholly French, and no violence was involved, for they said that would defeat the purpose.
I have heard so many people say to leave the business of the country to itself, but if you ask me that's ridiculous, the actions taken by one country can effect countless others.
And also, I'm not trying to change who leads, I am expressing my disgust at this neo-nazi, and wondering why anyone in their right mind would support him.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:15 PM   #9
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I am a member of the European Union and if Le Pen comes into power it affects me directly so I think I should comment on it.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:30 PM   #10
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Well Le Pen ran for lots of other things too, as in he put thing in his manifesto that no one else would pay attention to. As in little local things and people voted for that, also the vote for Le Pen was a protest vote against the corruption which is synonamous with chirac. Incedentaly I doubt he will get more than ten percent of the vote come election day.