Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 03:01 PM   #41
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by draketheberserker:
tengo un fuego en mes pantalones

i have a fire in my pants
Well, stop eating them beans, you fartknocker ! Btw, welcome to IW. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2002, 03:07 PM   #42
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah and welcome to the forum "Draketheberserker" nice and easy name to type lol good that we have "copy and paste" here!
Old 07-09-2002, 03:09 PM   #43
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
I grew up a nice Jewish girl... so YIDDISH!! Mind you, there are no polite phrases in Yiddish, so I won't post those.

Also know some Italian, enough to get by, anywho.
Shalom mesjoggene ! [/QUOTE]ROFL.... calling me a name like that... and the SPELLING!!
Oy Gavult.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:27 PM   #44
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Charean, i knew the spelling was probably incorrect, but in Dutch that word has the same meaning, so i wrote it in my native language if you don't mind. Anyway, the message was prolly clear cause you replied to it And at least i got Shalom right, didn't i ?
Old 07-09-2002, 03:45 PM   #45
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeagol II:
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
well, i wouldnt mind learning japanese myself. i was required to take spanish in high-school, but failed it on purpose. i see no reason why i should be FORCED to learn the language of another country, just because they move here and dont speak the native tongue. i wouldnt mind it, if i wasnt required to learn it. i cant even read things in the post office, or order food at mcdonalds (of course, even english speakers there mess up my orders, heh). anyway, the answer is no i dont. i live in America, so i know American, or english. i plan to learn japanese, and started learning some french, though i dont like it much, so i cant quite grasp it. i WILL learn another language though, and become more "cultured".
aahh another astoundingly enthusiastic, inteligent and cultured American I see. "You failed it on purpose", ... yeah, I'm sure you did.[/QUOTE]actually, i did. i didnt want to take it, i HAD to take it, and i just didnt GO to it. therefor, i FAILED!! i CHOSE not to go to class, i CHOSE not to learn the language, i CHOSE to fail. thus, i failed it on purpose. believe it or not, im not a stupid person at all. i may not be steven hawkings, but im not stupid. jsut because i chose not to learn a useless language, doesnt make me dumb. i just didnt see the point. if you read my WHOLE post, i made this abundantly clear. i think you just wanted to make a comment on the "intelligent and cultured American", just to throw a crack at me. well my friend, congradulations, you succeeded in putting your foot in your own a**, because you have NO CLUE what the hell you are talking about. i dont mean to be rude, this isnt a flame or anything like that, just retaliatory. of course, i know how well that goes over around here too. im sorry if you are offended by my truth, but i feel obligated to defend myself. thank you, and good day.

[ 07-09-2002, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Morgan_Corbesant ]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 07-09-2002, 04:53 PM   #46
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by uss:
hehe, but im the only one who can talk in Estonian!
Mis te poisid teete!? jääge vait, idioodid! väike munn!
You're an idiot yourself, kleine rat ! [/QUOTE]WHAT!? Im amazed.. How the hell did you know that ??
Old 07-09-2002, 05:08 PM   #47
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Smeagol II:
quote:
well, i wouldnt mind learning japanese myself. i was required to take spanish in high-school, but failed it on purpose. i see no reason why i should be FORCED to learn the language of another country, just because they move here and dont speak the native tongue. i wouldnt mind it, if i wasnt required to learn it. i cant even read things in the post office, or order food at mcdonalds (of course, even english speakers there mess up my orders, heh). anyway, the answer is no i dont. i live in America, so i know American, or english. i plan to learn japanese, and started learning some french, though i dont like it much, so i cant quite grasp it. i WILL learn another language though, and become more "cultured".
aahh another astoundingly enthusiastic, inteligent and cultured American I see. "You failed it on purpose", ... yeah, I'm sure you did.[/QUOTE]actually, i did. i didnt want to take it, i HAD to take it, and i just didnt GO to it. therefor, i FAILED!! i CHOSE not to go to class, i CHOSE not to learn the language, i CHOSE to fail. thus, i failed it on purpose. believe it or not, im not a stupid person at all. i may not be steven hawkings, but im not stupid. jsut because i chose not to learn a useless language, doesnt make me dumb. i just didnt see the point. if you read my WHOLE post, i made this abundantly clear. i think you just wanted to make a comment on the "intelligent and cultured American", just to throw a crack at me. well my friend, congradulations, you succeeded in putting your foot in your own a**, because you have NO CLUE what the hell you are talking about. i dont mean to be rude, this isnt a flame or anything like that, just retaliatory. of course, i know how well that goes over around here too. im sorry if you are offended by my truth, but i feel obligated to defend myself. thank you, and good day.[/QUOTE]Spanish is the third most spoken language in the world. How can it be useless? Think how useful it would be if the US invade Mexico or Argentina or Spain (or even Brazil )
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-09-2002, 05:49 PM   #48
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I know some samoan and dutch swear words......Eikels

[ 07-09-2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 07-09-2002, 05:55 PM   #49
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Charean, i knew the spelling was probably incorrect, but in Dutch that word has the same meaning, so i wrote it in my native language if you don't mind. Anyway, the message was prolly clear cause you replied to it And at least i got Shalom right, didn't i ?
Well, that was good to know. [img]smile.gif[/img] So the Dutch and the Yids have something in common.
Shalom... is hard to mess up... hello and goodbye! Like Ciao!

Well, I won't Kvetch about being the token Jew...
L'chayim
Old 07-09-2002, 06:03 PM   #50
DeSoya
Manshoon

I can speak a good bit of German and I'm quite fluent in Pig Latin.
I took Arabic for a semester but only remember how to say hello five different ways. Sigh.

DeSoya