Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Already The Guild Wars creaters have the next Expansion in the works. Where the original game had a pseudo-medieval European environment and Factions features a more Asian setting, the new expansion will take place in a North African-themed world. The architecture and locations look inspired by Tunesia, Morocco, and the savannah, and the theme music composed has a very Marakesh sound. Check out the first word about the next and so far un-named expansion to be released in the early fall or late summer see the following link from the 2006 E-3 convention.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3150806

And one more site review of the next expansion by IGN from E-3 below

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/708/708116p1.html

[ 05-14-2006, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 05-14-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Nice infor there. But this would be the 3rd story not the 4th. Sorrows furnace was part of the 1st game.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Maybe he is announcing the Factions team starting with the 4th?
Old 05-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Sorrows furnace was the second story in chapter 1, an Expansion. This un-named story is the second story of the of the second game it is a free Expansion an add-on story for Factions.
so it makes it the 4th story.
TDC do you pay atention to the way Guild Wars works let me remind you:
Each year Guild Wars will introduce a new stand alone chapter to the game and every year a second free Expansion will be streamed at no charge.
If you had bothered to read the artical you would have seen the word Expansion. If you would also have read in an earler artical that each year Guild wars will be adding a new stand alone Chapter and also 6 months after said chapter a FREE Expansion story will be added.
Factions is Not an Expansion it is a stand alone game if it were an expansion you would be required to own The first GW Game in order to play it, But the Up comming un-named story is an Expansion but still the 4th story and the second story in the Factions Chapter.

The following is a Quote from the artical and if you read the last line you will read !!! (that crew is already working on the fourth one.)

The expansion hasn't been officially announced yet, but expect something as soon as the Factions hype cools off a little. Yeah, NC is fast with these things. They have two gangs of developers tag teaming expansions. In fact, now that Factions is done that crew is already working on the fourth one. That makes them a freak.

TDC Read articals before you call people out as being WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

You got it wrong.
They will be releasing paying, most likely stand-alone expansions every 6-9 months. Every expansion will have atleast a full year of being in the works.After they finished Prophecies, they went to work on Factions, with a smaller team being left to work on Sorrow's Furnace. Then, after the release of SF, they got some new crew, and they now have two full teams working on GW games in shifts.
Sorrow's Furnace was a "here's some thanks for playing!" add-on, not an expansion pack.
TCB Read articles before you call people out as being WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just had to write that)
Old 05-16-2006, 02:01 AM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Bozos is correct.

Chapter 1 - Prophesies + Free Sorrows Furnace
Chapter 2 - Factions
Chapter 3 - North African type setting (worked on by the chapter 1 team
Chapter 4 - To be announced (will be worked on by the chapter 2 team AFTER they get the bugs out of factions)

NC Soft has recently trademarked the website Guildwarsnightfall.com so I expect it to be the name of either Chapter 3 or 4.

Trust me I read the posts I read GWonline, GW Guru and ANZGW everyday so I definatly know whats going on.

Only the PAID versions are new chapters. Sorrows Furnace was a one off freebie due to it falling inbetween a chapter release.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

TDC reading and comprehending are two different things. As listed BY Guild Wars:
stand alone Game #1
Campaign #1)Prophesis
Expansion #1)Sorrows Furnace A Free chapter to be streamed to all that bought Prophesis.

stand Alone Game #2
Campaign #2) Factions
Expansion #2) Desert Type settings unknown story setting, no Offical anoucement as of yet but Is earmarked as a Free streamed addition slated for a summer release

This Was written up as the 4th Chapter of Guild wars By 1-up as well as 7 other major publications Including NCSOFT and ARENANET the developers of Guild Wars not just a fan site like GWonline, GW Guru the the rest of rumor central.

Plus Campaign 3 and 4 are in work and one of those has a North africa look to it and has another two more charcters still in design and development.

The magic word here is Campaign and factions is chapter 3 and 4 of Campaign 2 which the faction team is working on and another team is working on the next Campaign. But Factions isn't done yet

[ 05-22-2006, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 05-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #8
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Just because something is published in a magazine doesn't make it truth either. All of my info is coming direct from Anet (being Gaile Grey and Alex Weeks)

Feel free to pop by LA int dist 1 for the next chat with Gaile and see what she has to say on the subject.

Factions is chapter 2. Chapter 3 will be released in aprox 6 months (this is what your 1UP article is talking about NOT chapter 4). This whole argument came from the fact that you state the next part to be release will be chapter 4, when chapter 2 has only just been released. What are they missing Chapter 3 ????

Factions will not have a free expansion like Sorrow's Furnace. Sorrows Furnace was a one off due to not being able to release a paid for stand alone chapter in the first 6 months. How could they incorporate a North African setting in a free expansion when chapter 2 is a oriental campaign ?????? At least Sorrows fit into the south shiverpeaks area.

A-net will be making their money by releasing PAID for chapters every 6 months.

So we have as stated in my last post.

Chapter 1 - Prophesies + Free Sorrows Furnace content - PAID stand alone release

Chapter 2 - Factions - PAID stand alone release

Chapter 3 - North African type setting (worked on by the chapter 1 team PAID stand alone release

Chapter 4 - To be announced

By the way we have seen in the past with your back flips over D&D online with you fist praising the game then as soon as its released jumping on the bandwagon and slamming it. You have read things wrong before so I think you should check your comprehension skills before you attack mine.

But only time will tell..... don't come crying over here when you don't get a Sorrows furnace type update to Factions.

Edit: Also read this article from thwn they were developing Factions and AFTER sorrows was released. Note they are talking about Chapter 2 in development AFTER Sorrows was released.

Also don't get your hopes up for 2 new professions in 6 months with Chapter 3. A-net have stated that their won't be new professions with every chapter release.

I don't want to get into any further arguments about this. You believe what you want I know im right. I wont be answering this thread again.

[ 05-28-2006, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 06-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:

TDC Read articals before you call people out as being WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] Wow, way to totally overreact to a particularly non-threatening comment.

Rage posting, much?

Can't wait to see who comments in the next 'MMORPGS are filled with immature teenagers' thread.
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote