Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 02:55 PM   #91
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
A country which has been under attack can respond by
loving your neighbor like you'd like to be loved yourself.
President Bush -- Atlanta, Georgia, June 17, 2002
*cough* "most of this country's imports come from outside the country"
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] well done, dubya, on the right track there!
Old 09-12-2002, 03:10 PM   #92
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Wow, we're actually agreeing this time instead of deliberatly misinterperating each other?
Achievemant!
Yeah it has been known to happen Even I can't be a total ass all the time

Old 09-12-2002, 03:11 PM   #93
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
A country which has been under attack can respond by
loving your neighbor like you'd like to be loved yourself.
President Bush -- Atlanta, Georgia, June 17, 2002

Umm can you supply the origin of this quote?? Looks like something I would like to read in context.

Old 09-12-2002, 03:12 PM   #94
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Wow, we're actually agreeing this time instead of deliberatly misinterperating each other?
Achievemant!
Yeah it has been known to happen Even I can't be a total ass all the time [/QUOTE]That's MY Job!
Old 09-12-2002, 03:20 PM   #95
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:

Umm can you supply the origin of this quote?? Looks like something I would like to read in context.
I found the speech. I hope you don't mind me jumping in to help.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0020617-2.html

Mark
Old 09-12-2002, 03:22 PM   #96
MagiK

Thanks Mark I don't mind at all [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kaltia LOL [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2002, 03:25 PM   #97
Kaltia
Jack Burton

What, it's true [img]tongue.gif[/img]
*realises how far off-topic she has gone and doesn't care either *
Old 09-12-2002, 03:30 PM   #98
MagiK

I see it is an article about people..immigrants coming to this country with nothing and proving that in America it isn't just the rich that can succeed....an article loaded with several examples of what this country is all about. I also see he is telling them that while we need to send our armies out, we can also love others as we love ourselves...seems to me it was more directed at the people from other nations living here with us but it works on an international level too I suppose. All in all a cool speach, full of proofs about the promise of America [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2002, 03:33 PM   #99
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
No need for flames Thoran... I am all for National Responsiblility and i think that Saddam should be taken down. But I also think that National Responsibility would include some kind of acknowledgement from those governments that helped to create his regime.. If you had a hand in creating the mess...you should have a hand in cleaning it up. Thats why i do approve of USA's current stance on Iraq. I'm not looking to blame the US for the problems over there...Obviously Hussein is the evil one here.

Iran wasnt running roughshod over the whole middle east..it was Iraq that started that war in an attempt to capture most of the persian gulf but he met greater resistance from the Iranians than anticipated.

EDIT> i said originally that Iraq started the war to capture the whole persian gulf...where i meant mainly the eastern side of it.
I realized that I came on stronger than intended... so I'd already edited my post... sadly my self-auditing was too slow... consider this an apoligy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-12-2002, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Old 09-12-2002, 03:34 PM   #100
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
quote:

I found the speech. I hope you don't mind me jumping in to help.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0020617-2.html

Mark
[/QUOTE]At least you have a president with a sense of humor...

I think we agree, the past is over.
-- On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000

And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything.
-- On the Middle East, meeting with Israeli PM Sharon, Washington, D.C., May 7, 2002

Oh, please don't kill me.
-- Texas Governor Dubya Bush, said with a laugh to reporters asking what death row convict Carla Faye Tucker said to him in her appeal for clemency

We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.
-- Des Moines, Iowa, Aug. 21, 2000

Over 50 percent of our energy comes from overseas. Fortunately, a lot of it comes from Canada.
-- Apparently an invisible ocean separates the U.S. and Canada, town hall forum in Ontario, California, Jan. 5, 2002

And I don't want Congress messing with the budget.
-- Because apparently that isn't their job, remarks at Albers Manufacturing, O'Fallon, Missouri, Mar. 18, 2002

And today, I'm informing the prime minister that we're lifting the travel ban on Turkey.
-- Which would have been a good thing if there had been a travel ban in the first place; unfortunately for Dubya, there wasn't, press conference with Turkish prime minister, Jan. 17, 2002

DUBYA: So what state is Wales in?
CHURCH: It’s a separate country next to England.
DUBYA: Oh, okay.
-- Exchange between Dubya and Welsh teenage singing sensation Charlotte Church, as reported in MSNBC, Oct. 30, 2001

Most people in Arkansas know where Texas is, and all the people in Texas know where Arkansas is.
-- Insulting Arkansas in front of a group of Arkansas schoolchildren, Little Rock, Mar. 1, 2001

DUBYA: Because the picture on the newspaper. It just seems so un-American to me, the picture of the guy storming the house with a scared little boy there. I talked to my little brother, Jeb--I haven't told this to many people. But he's the governor of--I shouldn't call him my little brother--my brother, Jeb, the great governor of Texas.
JIM LEHRER: Florida.
DUBYA: Florida. The state of the Florida.
-- The NewsHour With Jim Lehrer, PBS, April 27, 2000