Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2001, 11:00 AM   #1
Jediphx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Old 06-22-2001, 11:14 AM   #2
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Simple enough answer....because you have to! All magic use is monitored by the cowled wizards and if you cast spells while in the city you will start getting warnings. I don't know how far it goes as I've never pushed my luck and just paid the fee.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:17 AM   #3
Shypaw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You want to go to the Government District into the main hall and talk to the guy that you first walk into. I can't remember his name though sorry.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:44 AM   #4
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shypaw:
You want to go to the Government District into the main hall and talk to the guy that you first walk into. I can't remember his name though sorry.
When in doubt.. talk to everyone in there.. you may get some good information for later!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-22-2001, 11:49 AM   #5
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Sorry, misread the question. I thought it said WHY do I have to pay not WHO do I have to pay. The guy to speak to is the one just on the left hand side of the main corridor when you enter. It's actually quite long winded as you have to start asking him about his job and what it all involves before you can try to buy a permit off of him. Obviously based on betty government officials everywhere!