Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 05:41 PM   #1
stutter
Welcomed New User

How do I do the test? I fliped the levers in the room with all the fire but the portcullis closes up before I can get through. Am I doing somthing wrong?
stutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 06:35 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Stutter!!

No - you are not doing anything wrong. You've just run into what was not timed very well by the designers so is a bit tougher to solve than flipping the levers.
The most common and effective way to get through this area is to go back and pick up a chest or crate (even a broken one) and have your lead character carry it. When you run through the fires, the crate/chest will reach the gate before your party and keep it open long enough for you all to get through!

Good Luck!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 08:18 PM   #3
Arkain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's one way... didn't read about that one though, until I was already though it.

The other way... more difficult. The center fire resets the puzzle. So, don't hit/touch that one. That means go into the area, flip the one switch then by avoiding the healing fire, flip the second switch... this means going the long way around, stop and heal yourself if you have to, but obviously not in the damaging fire. =)
When you flip the second switch you can go the short way around to the gate, but DON'T HIT THE HEALING FIRE, otherwise you have to start again, one fire will be extinguished. And walla... the gate opens.

Arkain
Arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 09:15 PM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

Also remember that the warriors doll unlocks the wizards test and the wizards doll unlocks the warriors test so if what you're doing doesn't seem to be working try something else (it took me a short while to work this one out).
Old 12-03-2001, 09:49 PM   #5
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...there is a more easy way to 'solve' the puzzle (i actually never realized i was a puzzle at all).

1. Run with full speed trough the fires towards to portcullis
2. Run back
3. Run again with full speed towards the portcullis
4. Incidently it will open just before you and let you slip through

...as i said above, i nerver bothered with this pulling the lever bullshit...

PS : is 'bullshit' offensive language ?
PPS : if yes, a apologize
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 09:57 PM   #6
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Balgin, I noticed that about the dolls (much to my annoyance) and thought it was a design flaw or a bug. Terribly annoying. Did I mention that I was very annoyed by that?

lord Gabriel, yes, some of us find that to be offensive, and you should refrain from indulging in that kind of language in the future, thank you.

Also, I just ran like crazy through the fires and made a flying leap through the portcullis. It can work, but it's not easy any way you try it.

+Dr.Pick
Old 12-06-2001, 08:15 PM   #7
Dragonrider
Dungeon Master

Easier Way.
1. If your wizard has lavawalk then cast it on one of your characters. It will protect you from the damage of the fire.
2. Go through the first fire and back up.
3. Run through the fires and the gate should be open by the time you get to it.
4. If you do not have lavawalk use steps 2 and 3. Make sure you heal your charcters before and after running through the fires.
Dragonrider is offline   Reply With Quote