Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2001, 06:24 AM   #1
Hector the Bold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I guess the subject says it all!

I came here looking and found a lot of great advice (most of which was too late to really use! )!

I hope this isn't asked a lot (I didn't see any posts), but does anyone know a good way to catch that pesky guy?!!? ...At this point, I just want to shut him up!

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2001, 06:30 AM   #2
the_young_one
Manshoon

The leprechaun is really difficult to pin down especially with his vanishing tricks.. After replaying the game many times, I don't have a foolproof method other than waiting at one of the junctions to increase the chance of 'catching him' and using defensive spells such as haste/heroic might/bloodlust and trying to smack the leprechaun as he comes by. sometimes, he hangs around to fight and then he's easy meat..

btw: you don't need to kill the leprechaun for the quest and since the exp is also not that much (around 200,000), you might want to avoid the frustration of trying to catch him..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 07:57 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Hector the Bold!!!

As the_young_one mentioned - you don't need to catch or do anything with the leprechaun. To fulfill the quest you need to find his treasure, not him!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 01:20 PM   #4
Hector the Bold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by the_young_one:
.... After replaying the game many times, I don't have a foolproof method other than waiting at one of the junctions to increase the chance of 'catching him' and using defensive spells such as haste/heroic might/bloodlust and trying to smack the leprechaun as he comes by. sometimes, he hangs around to fight and then he's easy meat....

First, thanks for the post!

I've smacked him near, fried him and meteored the dickens out of him from afar, tried to stop time, turn him to stone, lull him to sleep with sweet music, paralyze him, ...and even CHARM him, but nothing worked for me either! I'm going to try to set a trap next, by finding a narrow spot, then summoning creatures to get in his way and nip at his heals while I smack him around!
I'll let you know how things turn out...
Old 11-30-2001, 02:04 PM   #5
Hector the Bold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Welcome to the board, Hector the Bold!!!

As the_young_one mentioned - you don't need to catch or do anything with the leprechaun. To fulfill the quest you need to find his treasure, not him!

Wyv

....Ah! ...Thanks for writing! ...This is like the "How do you get to 'The Lost Sea'" (....No! Not through there! Another way! ) I guess. (...I mean REALLY! ..."Tree Surfing!??"? Ya gotta be kidding!

Okay... Thanks for the help.
Old 11-30-2001, 10:01 PM   #6
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

*Spoiler*
-
-
-
-
-
-

i took a longer method, i casted zap and killed him that way.. but then i figured that i had to find his locket to get credit for the guild quest
Old 12-02-2001, 06:06 AM   #7
silverindians101
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just riddled him with dragon arrows got him that way which by the way if anyone could explain to me why i had 4 dragon arrows and when i played again i had 141 dragon arrows very weird
silverindians101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 12:59 PM   #8
Jason Leonard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I looked at the Leprechaun this way - I was sure killing him would prove he existed (for the quest), so I tried to kill him. And the more he taunted me, the more I wanted to kill him. And while he resists damage pretty well, he will die if you hit him enough. I just ran around the island and if I saw him, I ran straight for him and attacked the hell out of him with my strongest characters and weapons. One thing that I learned from it, that helped me...was that you can hold down the right button to run AT THE SAME TIME as clicking the left button to attack. So I would run towards him and keep clicking the button. I think it took me about a day or more of game time. (not real-time) And each of my characters got around 60,000 exp (I had a party of 6). I thought it was worth it, someone earlier said they didn't think so. But the Leprechaun Stick is also a decent item for anyone who's relying on pole/staff (of course I had no clue about the death staff and the black fire at that point).
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 03:10 PM   #9
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

i just ignored it. once you get through the dungeon (its a fairly simple one) the quest will solve itself nearly automatical.

BTW : silveindians101 ....maybe you've got a fletcher in your party...
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 01:30 PM   #10
Hector the Bold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everyone!

I ended up just blasting him, getting dissapointed when his 'remains' didn't contain the 'clover' (but ya gotta love that staff!), and moved on... (Found the clover later, got mad when it was taken away!)
...I like the glitch that keeps giving my guys 5000 exp. points though!

I have a real love/hate relationship with this game now... (See my post on the latest Glitch... TOTAL lockup of my computer, EVERY time!

...But then, I sort of hate to end the game, so maybe it's my wishful thinking...?