Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2001, 05:08 PM   #1
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*SPOILER*
I've built the Golem, agreed to, and got the heart and gone down to the next level.
I promptly get a butt kicking.
The head honcho of the wizards (forget his name) casts a couple of nasty spells which virtually wipe out my party, especially Aerie.
I don't have the protect from magic spell memorized (I possess it but can't learn it, even with a genius potion) so that wouldn't work.
Any help? My party is Me - Ranger level 11, Minsc, Aerie, Jaheira, Jan and Valygar. All the other members are around level ten (except the dual classes which are 8 or 9 I believe)
Old 05-17-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Have Aerie and Jan summon bunch of monsters/critters (5 at a time) and send them throught the door first as cannon folders, they will attack (be attacked) immediately, and that should waste the wizards more powerful magic.
Jaheria should be able to summon at least 2 fire elementals, use them wisely. Call Woodland Being will also help in this case. Don't send Minsc in unless he is protected by spells like Chaotic Commands, you don't want him chopping at your party members. Only send in your tanks after a while since the mages will have Stone Skin and other protection spells casted.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-17-2001, 05:21 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

BTW, I am implying that your whole party stay out of the first half of the fight, so have somebody open the door then pull him/her back and start summoning and sending.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-17-2001, 05:44 PM   #4
white heron
Manshoon

Yeah, Stay out of sight while you open the door and cast area effect spells ie' cloudkill,stinking cloud(good on humans),this will also disrupt his spellcasting,weaken him with spells,use 'breach' and pierce magic and any other such spells and move in with heavy weapons.
Old 05-17-2001, 05:47 PM   #5
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Send in little sumonings to waste their magics. Then go for the kill and make history out of 'em.

I think you're refering to either Entu, Togan or some other guys (can't remember).

I used abi dalzims (8th level),

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 05-17-2001, 06:12 PM   #6
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks folks - tried a couple of times like this, but didn't summon the right guys - you can never find good help these days!!
Eventually had Aerie cast Sanctuary, walk straight up to the guy and bash him on the head with a club.
He didn't bother with his wilting spells, and his partner just raised a few demons. By that time I'd told everyone to give him a kicking - worked ok (apart from aerie getting killed, but I resurrected her)
Just got outside the sphere, and Jaheira's been given an ultimatum by the Harpers - come with us or we'll kick seven shades out of you all.
I dunno - you save the world from bad architects and this is what you get!! LOL