Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2003, 04:27 PM   #1
Haldir
Manshoon

I am interested in any idea that would help me to become more powerfull assassin. I have problems because I am used to assault imediately! But in that case none of assassins skils come out and it counts as a bad fighter. I am interested in equipment and where to find it.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:35 PM   #2
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Well... For a decent piece of armor, you could try Armor of Deep Night +4 which I believe you can find at the Adventurer's Mart in Waukeen's Promenade. Or, you could try The Night's Gift +5, although I seem to forget where that piece is... Maybe that's the one at the Mart. Oh well... And you should definitely try to obtain the Short Sword of Backstabbing, very handy for an Assassin .
Old 08-16-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
Ninj
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dadams1:
Well... For a decent piece of armor, you could try Armor of Deep Night +4 which I believe you can find at the Adventurer's Mart in Waukeen's Promenade. Or, you could try The Night's Gift +5, although I seem to forget where that piece is... Maybe that's the one at the Mart. Oh well... And you should definitely try to obtain the Short Sword of Backstabbing, very handy for an Assassin .
*Spoiler*

The Night's Gift +5 is the reward for completing the Umar Hills quest, the one where you have to kill the Shade Lord and his pet Dragon.

-Ninj
Old 08-16-2003, 07:52 PM   #4
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Go for Celestial Fury. It's a plus 3 katan with a couple of great bonuses. As for armor, there's plenty of good peices, find one you like.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:05 PM   #5
TyranyuS
Suspended for 2 Weeks [Sept10]

Might Be Spoilerz [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you got ToB installed then you will get the best leather armor in the game after defeating Gromnir and hes lakeys. The armor is an GrandMasters Leather +6 With an AC:1 And also it grants you speed as the boots of speed. Want an ultimate short sword/long sword ? Get BlackRazor/Short sword of the mask. With BlackRazor you will not only deal mass damage but also lvl drain and that means instand death.
TyranyuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 10:14 PM   #6
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by TyranyuS:
Might Be Spoilerz [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you got ToB installed then you will get the best leather armor in the game after defeating Gromnir and hes lakeys. The armor is an GrandMasters Leather +6 With an AC:1 And also it grants you speed as the boots of speed. Want an ultimate short sword/long sword ? Get BlackRazor/Short sword of the mask. With BlackRazor you will not only deal mass damage but also lvl drain and that means instand death.
Actuallt, the White Dragon armour is better with its -2 AC. Also Angurdval is a better Long Sword as it is +5 not +3 like Blackrazor.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:15 PM   #7
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Level Drain + Mass Damage doesn't necessarily mean instant death, just to point that out.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:21 AM   #8
Raistlin Majere
Ra

for armor, human flesh would be a good choice. which weapon you use is completely up to you, since there are many good ones. a few for example: Firetooth +3(2d4+1d2fire dam.!!!), dagger of the star+4(+5)(tob only!), cutthroat+4(short sword), SS of the Mask +4(+5)(tob only), Firetooth +4(+5)(tob only crossbow) etc. etc.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:05 PM   #9
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Actually that Night's Gift armor is in a stupid place. When you get it, you can also without too much of a problem get the Shadow Dragon Armor, which is better han the Night's Gift.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:16 PM   #10
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
Actually that Night's Gift armor is in a stupid place. When you get it, you can also without too much of a problem get the Shadow Dragon Armor, which is better han the Night's Gift.
Yep, I noticed that too. But the Night's Gift also has stealth bonuses which compensates a bit for the higher AC.