Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
Twid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well..i got tons of them....L1-L2-L3 scrolls...can i just throw them away or can i actually sell it
Twid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:06 PM   #2
Lymond
Manshoon

I usually end up holding on to them, but you can sell them to merchants dealing in magic items. In other words, if a guy is selling scrolls, he probably buys them as well. If the item isn't shaded, but has a value in white letters (at the buy screen) it means he'll buy it.

The other thing that is even better if you can afford it is to memorize everything. It may sound stupid, but I never memorized haste my first time through. You never know when a particular spell may come in handy.

The other thing, if you have HOW installed, is to buy a scroll case so you're not wasting slots.

Lymond
Old 10-16-2003, 02:29 PM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

Twid,

I saved everything, by stuffing it in the chest in the back room of Conlan's Smithy. If you can't get into that one, yet, then use one of the chests at the Inn or another convenient location in Kuldahar, or even in one of the dungeons near your current adventuring area. You never know what you'll need later; and stuffing it into a chest protects it from disappearing.

This also facilitates another trick for getting the most from your goods: Don't sell items like Yeti and wolf pelts right away; but, rather, save them until you need the money. This is because you get the best price the first time you sell, and then the price drops rapidly as the merchant gets more of an item in stock (by buying from you). So, stuff all those yeti pelts in the chest and sell them all at once. Same for each type of gem, pelt, sword, scroll, etc.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:37 PM   #4
Twid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks nick [img]smile.gif[/img]

now i can get rid of stuff without losing it [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Twid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:40 PM   #5
NobleNick
Quintesson

Twid,

Party On!!

NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 07:02 AM   #6
motub
The Magister

I'd say make sure to keep a couple of the more useful ones in inventory-- you never know when you might need to throw an extra Chromatic Orb or Magic Missile after you've used up all the ones you had memorized....
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 02:00 PM   #7
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

I allways Write to spell book,the spells i can and if i find a spell i hawe Writed i trow away it (LVl 1,2,3 spells i sell the higher)If you need one of the spells then memorise it and rest.