Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2003, 03:10 PM   #21
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I say again: Vancouver is not to be denied. They are the team that will win the Stanley Cup this year..
Old 04-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #22
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
[QB]The stars? Some people actually believe the Stars will win? Even after NHL banned the use of wheel chairs on the ice? Come on guys, the Stars can´t win if they´re not allowed their wheel chairs. After all, all those 60+ year old skaters you got down there won´t make it on their own legs! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kapanen? Morrow? Turco? Ott? Just like Detorit last year, the Stars youth is very underated. To quote Barry Melrose-

I would rather have a proven player then a promising rookie.

And hey, Anahiem is a tough team to play against. With the addition of Sykora and Oates.

[ 04-06-2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 04-06-2003, 05:40 PM   #23
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Kapanen? Morrow? Turco? Ott? Just like Detorit last year, the Stars youth is very underated. To quote Barry Melrose-

I would rather have a proven player then a promising rookie.

And hey, Anahiem is a tough team to play against. With the addition of Sykora and Oates.
Anaheim? A tough team to play? OK you give us Anaheim and we give you Boston. Heck, I´d happily trade Dallas for Ottawa. Let´s compare divisions shall we? The Northwest is the only one that can be compared with the eastern divisions when it comes to competition. And no I´m not trying to belittle Dallas. I´m merely pointing out that they have an easier way to the playoffs than some other teams. Personally I would love for Toronto to be in teh southeast division. I mean, the lightnings, the caps, the thrashers, the panthers and the hurricanes. It is time to even out the divisions!

The Stars youths? You mean Lehtinen or Hatcher? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Naah Morrow is pretty good, but then he is Canadian. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

Sir G, my point is you will sweep them. Then you will of course lose in the semis. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2003, 06:45 PM   #24
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I never said the pacific was tough, I said anahiem can be a tough team to play agaisnt (this year). There what, 6th in the west.

BTW- Turco set an modern era GAA record today. And Dallas gets the top seed in the west.

Anyway, age isnt that big of a factor if you still have a passion to play. Detorit was the oldest team in the leauge last year and they won the cup. Dallas, I am not sure if they are the oldest or not, there average age is 33 I think. And guess what, they are the top team in the hardest confrence. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 04-06-2003, 06:47 PM   #25
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Sir G, my point is you will sweep them. Then you will of course lose in the semis. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
No complaints from me...thats better than usual! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2003, 11:00 PM   #26
Keryvian
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
I say again: Vancouver is not to be denied. They are the team that will win the Stanley Cup this year..
Well, they may win the Stanley Cup, but they didn't win the division. The Avalanche won it again (with a little help from Vancouver).

And Milan Hejduk got his 50th goal to lock up the Rocket Richard trophy. Pretty good for a player who didn't even get invited to the all star game.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:20 PM   #27
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Who cares about divisions! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2003, 12:12 AM   #28
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Keryvian:
Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Well, they may win the Stanley Cup, but they didn't win the division. The Avalanche won it again (with a little help from Vancouver).

And Milan Hejduk got his 50th goal to lock up the Rocket Richard trophy. Pretty good for a player who didn't even get invited to the all star game.
[/QUOTE]oh man what a triple whammy i tell you what.. Markus Naslund loses the goal scoring race to Hejduk, the points race to Forsberg, the division to the Avalanche.. man.. after the game the players all gave their jerseys out to people in the crowd and Naslund took the mike and spoke to the fans a bit.. He Said Obviously were all really upset right now and you know.. we choked out here.. and then he promised to do well in the playoffs and thanked the fans.. man he looked really upset.. this guy is a Vancouver Hero, he's up there with Linden as a B.C. hero..

And then at the Junos just now Shania Twain won an award while she was wearing a Canucks dress! Looked great in a Canucks dress never better imo, was never a Shania fan until i saw her in a Canucks dress.. Good omen that..

edit>> and Hi Keryvian!!!!! I remember talking to you about hockey during playoff time last year.. and the books board i think to! Long time, good to see you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-07-2003, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]
Old 04-07-2003, 02:07 AM   #29
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

HOLY CHRIST!

Dallas plays Edmonton in the opening roung AGAIN! Is there some sort of law that states these two have to play each other in the opening round?

Ganna be a pretty good playoff season. I can hear it now...

Derian Hatcher, come get the Stanley Cup!

[ 04-07-2003, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
Old 04-07-2003, 02:53 AM   #30
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well... hehehe... bad for vancouver... bad omen...

they lost to the avs for the northwest division, meaning they are to face st. louis instead than minnesota. naslund lost the scoring title to forsberg (but the are both swedish players), hejduk got his 50th.

all the canucks worked for so hard this season just got blanked by the avs... naslund better do good!!! i would be frustrated myself if the avs or canucks can't beat the crap out of detroit or dallas