Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2002, 04:49 PM   #41
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
[quote]Originally posted by andrewas:
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Somehow i don't believe these kinda guys press charges against you after a beating
Cant belive your *that* naive johnny. Assault is a criminal offence. They can charge you for it, and if they can do so without getting done for theft themselves they probably will. Hell, there was a guy in the paper two weeks ago who broke into some farm, got shot and is sueing the farmer for GBH.

What I would do if someone stole some stuff and I knew who it was - if I could *prove* it Id get the police in - and if I coudnt, do nothing. No point in getting hurt, killed or jailed over a few hudnred quids worth, is there.

Besides, these scum tend to have friends. And knives. Not healthy.
[/QUOIf If i knew who stole my stuff and wouldn't do a thing about it, i think i couldn't live with myself. Call me naive, but i WOULD settle the score myself, and take those 2 or 3 days in a policecell with a smile on my face and a clear mind.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:18 PM   #42
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Dismemberings , Knives ,Pitbulls , landmines, Ninjas , How much TV do you guys watch. ?
Old 08-07-2002, 01:15 AM   #43
SecretMaster
Apophis

Dude, that sucks Andrew. I suggest a good @$$ whopin to the crook if you ever find him.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:25 AM   #44
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Heirophant's post was hyperbole.

Main Entry: hy·per·bo·le
Pronunciation: hI-'p&r-b&-(")lE
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from Greek hyperbolE excess, hyperbole, hyperbola, from hyperballein to exceed, from hyper- + ballein to throw —more at DEVIL
Date: 15th century
: extravagant exaggeration (as "mile-high ice-cream cones")
- hy·per·bo·list /-list/ noun
The SUPERBOWL is HYPERBOLE.

(Yes, yes I know, not a rhyme, but it could be. )

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 08-07-2002, 01:31 AM   #45
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
(not referring to you, Hierophant, this is a general comment)
Agreed. Heirophant is a top bloke.

Succumbs to Superbole sometimes... I mean Hyperbowl, but I enjoy reading his views. Except when they involves mutilation... but you get the drift.

We love you Heirophant! You're from New Zealand though so you're fair game

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 08-07-2002, 05:47 AM   #46
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Wow, sorry to have caused all the offence folks. Guess I should've put a [img]smile.gif[/img] at the end of my post (come to think of it I'll go do that now).
Yeah, I was meaning it as an exaggeration [img]smile.gif[/img] Jeeze, mutilation is almost as bad as execution.

But I still get mad at thieves dammit! [img]smile.gif[/img]

And yes it's all only just objects and property, but it isn't taking the objects that riles me up, it's the whole "f**k you! I'll take what I want when I want it!" attitude of thievery that really makes my blood boil.

Anyways, I'm sorry to have caused a ruckus [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll keep things toned down in future (or at least make it clear that I'm exaggerating/joking).

And Someguy, you have my sympathies. But try not to let anger cloud your head too much (people don't take too kindly to that. heh heh [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
Old 08-07-2002, 05:53 AM   #47
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
(not referring to you, Hierophant, this is a general comment)
Agreed. Heirophant is a top bloke.

Succumbs to Superbole sometimes... I mean Hyperbowl, but I enjoy reading his views. Except when they involves mutilation... but you get the drift.

We love you Heirophant! You're from New Zealand though so you're fair game
[/QUOTE]Thanks man! [img]smile.gif[/img] I must say I've been thoroughly impressed with your attitudes, insights and stories ever since I registered. It's nice to hear these sorts of things from fellow posters. But then, you've always been quick to offer a kind word. A good but unfortunately rare quality nowadays.
Anyways, keep on truckin' [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and how was your holiday? (You were on holiday right? I dunno, I saw the photos up on Stealthy's Site and assumed you guys were holidaying [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
Old 08-07-2002, 05:59 AM   #48
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:

And yes it's all only just objects and property, but it isn't taking the objects that riles me up, it's the whole "f**k you! I'll take what I want when I want it!" attitude of thievery that really makes my blood boil.
But what makes you think that all thieves have such an attitude? For all you know, that particular thief has hardly enough money to afford something to break the car open in the first place, and he's going to sell those CD's so he is able to buy his daily bread and fed his half a dozen of hungry children.
It doesn't make thieving more justified (of course not), but I'm merely mentioning it to point out that not all thieves only have greed as their primary motive.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:55 AM   #49
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
[/b]But what makes you think that all thieves have such an attitude? For all you know, that particular thief has hardly enough money to afford something to break the car open in the first place, and he's going to sell those CD's so he is able to buy his daily bread and fed his half a dozen of hungry children.
It doesn't make thieving more justified (of course not), but I'm merely mentioning it to point out that not all thieves only have greed as their primary motive. [/b] [/QUOTE]

You're right of course [img]smile.gif[/img]
The road to a mind free of snap-judgments and prejudice is fraught with trial... but thieves still piss me off [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit: damn, I stuffed up the quote thingame-jigger. Sorry bout that.

[ 08-07-2002, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 08-07-2002, 07:04 AM   #50
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Dismemberings , Knives ,Pitbulls , landmines, Ninjas , How much TV do you guys watch. ?
Almost never, i was speaking out of my own experience.