Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 04:08 AM   #1
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Heya folks,
I took this IQ test a few months ago, it has a time factor on it and is supposed to be the most popular online IQ test. It's also supposed to be the most accurate, within 5 points of a professional test. Since everyone seemed to enjoy the last one, I thought I'd post this one for you all. This one only takes 13 minutes maximum too, so it's not hugely time consuming. If I remember right, max score for adults is 170, for people under 16 it goes up to 230. The adult test is supposed to be very accurate, the youth test a little less so. If people take it and post their scores I'll throw mine up here too. Oh and the test and score is free, the complete profile is 5 bucks but you don't need that.
http://www.iqtest.com/

That should take you to the front page.
Cheers!

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon
Old 10-27-2001, 04:43 AM   #2
Phoenix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got 154. That makes me a genius.
That test is great. What did everyone else get?

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
Old 10-27-2001, 04:58 AM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I got 165, strange, considering that I got 123 on the Queendom test.
Old 10-27-2001, 05:07 AM   #4
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I got 165, strange, considering that I got 123 on the Queendom test.

Neb did you take the youth or adult version? Also, It's been a while since I took that test, I don't remember how the time factor worked. Does the site time you or do you time yourself?
Good scores for both of you!
Old 10-27-2001, 05:14 AM   #5
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime2U:

Neb did you take the youth or adult version? Also, It's been a while since I took that test, I don't remember how the time factor worked. Does the site time you or do you time yourself?
Good scores for both of you!
You time yourself, and by the way, I didn't cheat by telling that I had a lower time than I actually had, why is there a different test for us young people anyway?

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 05:24 AM   #6
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
You time yourself, and by the way, I didn't cheat by telling that I had a lower time than I actually had, why is there a different test for us young people anyway?

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 10-27-2001).]
Because younger people are still developing intelligence much faster, and their averages are spread more widely due to different speeds of development. It's actually different for each year from 16 down. Making you test your intelligence level on an adult test scoring system wouldn't be accurate or fair to you. Measuring it against others of your own age will be accurate. I think the test itself is the same, but the scoring is different.

The higher score (up to 230), is because if for example you took the test and I took the test, and we got the same number of answers right in the same time, you would have a higher IQ than I would due to me being older, basically. Good job smartie!

[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 10-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 08:49 AM   #7
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

bump
Old 10-27-2001, 08:52 AM   #8
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime2U:
Because younger people are still developing intelligence much faster, and their averages are spread more widely due to different speeds of development. It's actually different for each year from 16 down. Making you test your intelligence level on an adult test scoring system wouldn't be accurate or fair to you. Measuring it against others of your own age will be accurate. I think the test itself is the same, but the scoring is different.

The higher score (up to 230), is because if for example you took the test and I took the test, and we got the same number of answers right in the same time, you would have a higher IQ than I would due to me being older, basically. Good job smartie!
Ah, yes, I can understand that, hmmmm...... 165, that's in the high end of the genius area.

Old 10-27-2001, 11:46 AM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Well, the test scored me at 152 or 151 - depending if I needed 13 or 14/15 minutes to complete it - I wasn't quite sure how to time my effort as my computer crashed when I was pondering the penultimate question (No. 37) and about 12 to 13 min had passed - but it is in any case amazing how highly irrelevant the time is for the final score, especially considering how much fuss the test makers make about that aspect: when I filled in 20 min my score dropped all the way to ... 149 and when I filled in 5 min (which would have been an absolutely amazing achievement !) my score only went up to 155 !

No wonder the test is so popular: the general level of difficulty of the "problems" is so low that high scores are virtually assured. I also found the range of the problems and thus also the range of intellectual skills required to solve them to be rather narrow compared to the other test.

All of the criticism above notwithstanding, it is always fun to try out tests like that and even more so to play around a bit with them to get an idea how they work. So, Mr. Prime2U, thank you very much for bringing that test to our attention.

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 10-27-2001, 01:20 PM   #10
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

I are a Genus...err a Geny-us...err a Jeanus.. Dadgomit I are smart

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!