Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 10:45 PM   #21
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Moni: Soon after I joined this forum, this little elf (who calls himself counterpoint) started hanging out and adding his comments to my posts. I can't get him to go away. He lurks in my posting window, and, no matter how fast I click SUBMIT after finishing my post, he swoops in and adds a comment. He is a constant antagonist, and I only hope no one takes him seriously.

"See. They don't believe you. I told you they wouldn't. They think I am a figment of your deluded psyche."

------------------
DawnChaser aka Thanatos (Dispositioner of Souls)

Old 06-09-2001, 10:53 PM   #22
Moni

DawnChaser,
That is hilarious!
Keep him!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-09-2001, 10:54 PM   #23
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
I swear though... they are planning to take over the world!
they see things that we don't....

such as 'SUCKER' marked on my back...

Old 06-09-2001, 11:27 PM   #24
Charean
Hathor

Thanatos - If I didn't know better, I would think "counterpoint" was your alter ego ... ie.. CAT!

By the way... My cat is neutral evil... of course, it is easy to say that when you live with one. I have a friend whose cat is definitely chaotic evil... way too hyper!

Any other ideas on the alignment of cats?

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 06-10-2001, 12:29 AM   #25
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Charean, I do have a pet cat, Kimba (White Lion, from a cartoon I used to love to watch while I was growing up.) However, like Counterpoint, Kimba is an antagonist in my life. She HAS to be near me (within 3 feet of wherever I am), but when I reach down to pet her, she is as likely to accept the petting as she is to bolt out of the room, only to stealthily return to her post after my attention gets diverted.

Growing up, I once had 11 dogs, all named after Mythological persons. My brother, on the other had, had a cat, named Bill, who he could arrange however he wanted (draped around shoulder, along the sofa back, whatever) and the cat wouldn't move until he moved him. I used to love that...

Now, thanks to Kimba, I am only lukewarm about my cat, at least... hehehe

To answer your question, Kimba is definitely Chaotic Neutral. She is as likely to choose evil as she is to choose good, thus maintaining the balance.

"Not a cat person eh? Maybe she's just not a 'people feline.' Ever think of that?"

------------------
DawnChaser aka Thanatos (Dispositioner of Souls)

[This message has been edited by DawnChaser (edited 06-10-2001).]
Old 06-10-2001, 12:42 AM   #26
onthepequod
Quintesson

Hey, RudeDawg!

My German Shepard is a cat lover! Therefore, is this thread also for her?!?

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-10-2001, 12:44 AM   #27
Charean
Hathor

I *am* very much a cat person (insert joke here) - appreciate them for their feline nature... I appreciate dogs.. but have more in common with cats - at least, personality wise..

And I remember Kimba - I even watched it as a kid... those ears with the black tips and the Japanese animation... man... brings back a few memories.... *misty*

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 06-10-2001, 12:56 AM   #28
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

quote from Meet the Parents

so rudedawg, you must be pretty insecure. you prefer an animal thats eaily broken. a dog immediately gives in, doesnt resist at all. a cat makes you earn its loyalty.

I loved Meet the Parents, and ur post was quite funny too. my cat acts a lot like that.
Old 06-10-2001, 01:36 AM   #29
Charean
Hathor

That is so true... I like that!

But once you have a cat's loyalty - they are forever a pest.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Old 06-10-2001, 03:13 AM   #30
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
they see things that we don't....

such as 'SUCKER' marked on my back...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I even have scars on my back!

As far as alignments go, with ten cats we probably have all of them...from the chaotic evil William, to the chaotic good Sweety Pie and everything in between.
I am thankful that they are mostly all good or at least neutral LOL!

Moni

------------------