Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 02:39 AM   #21
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

I am smitten by you... By your wit, your gentleness and your interacting with us all... And, no, this in no way threatens my rl relationship... In fact, he laughed when I asked, and remarked that it could be a problem if you moved in with us! I am very lucky to have someone who doesn't even consider trying to own me. Yes, rl Lee is engaged and I would never betray him in thought or in deed, but I haven't tried to hide it... I just never thought to say, because to me, in this setting, it doesn't matter! Just Like it doesn't matter to Cloudy and BK. In fact, the three of us consoled him one night about a tiff he was having with his gf while the two of them steamed back and forth about the new furry handcuffs!

------------------

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 03-21-2001).]
Old 03-21-2001, 02:50 AM   #22
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Bahamut, we don't mean to ignore you or exclude you in any way. There is lots going on here that even I don't understand and I seem to be in the middle of it! He's right, we do touch eachother's hearts... I would never hurt any of you... I guess my thinking is too free??? I don't know. Wouldn't life be grand if we weren't so very much alone inside our heads???

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 03:05 AM   #23
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Alas, I am tired too... Probably this spoils it, but honesty for me is a way of life. Relic, you are dear to me and I would very much hate to lose you because of this. Email me at leezone@runbox.com and/or at leezone@crosswinds.net if you want. Webmail is easy... Go to hotmail.com, put The.Relic in for your user name and an interesting (but memorable) password and there you go... I will wait to hear from you... Don't be concerned if you don't see me here tomorrow, but tonight has been too saddening and I'm very tired... I might just come home and crash tomorrow. And, when I do come back, I leave it up to you because I think I've already made it clear how I want it to turn out. Until then, my dearest, be well

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 05:33 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
im sorry if im rude now, but can SOMEONE give me an explanation that i have been asking for since the beginning of the other thread. i want someone, because all you give in your posts are blurs of the past and it is not enlightening me. please. i am like sooo pissed at another matter which is even nothing compared to this, but because i think a lot, it seems that that everything adds up to my anger. so anyone?!?!

I think I might have worked it out.

Just as long as everyone is happy, ok?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-21-2001, 05:44 AM   #25
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

So itīs here everything has taken place eh? Do i feel stupid..

Well hopefully though reading all your threads i hope sincerely that everything is about to work out fine and all will stay..

Old 03-21-2001, 06:21 AM   #26
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
So itīs here everything has taken place eh? Do i feel stupid..

Well hopefully though reading all your threads i hope sincerely that everything is about to work out fine and all will stay..

Nah, one minute I think I've got it, another minute I am totally confused.

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 06:31 AM   #27
WOLFGIR

Well youīre not the only one.
Well it seems at least that none intended it to be like this and that is at least a good sign..

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-21-2001, 06:37 AM   #28
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well youīre not the only one.
Well it seems at least that none intended it to be like this and that is at least a good sign..

At least you've been in those threads Wolfie. I look and see 350+ posts, there's no way I'm going to have the time to read through all those, plus keep an eye on the BG2 board, plus keep an eye on Cloudy to make sure she doesn't break anything.

Mind giving me an executive summary of what actually happened??

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 07:21 AM   #29
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Yes, rl Lee is engaged and I would never betray him in thought or in deed, but I haven't tried to hide it... I just never thought to say, because to me, in this setting, it doesn't matter! Just Like it doesn't matter to Cloudy and BK. In fact, the three of us consoled him one night about a tiff he was having with his gf while the two of them steamed back and forth about the new furry handcuffs!
LadyRae, you said it so well. In this setting we are all playing. There are elements of ourselves that will always be there no matter what, but the fun of role-play is that we get to be someone else for awhile, try out different roles.
I care about all of you, that part is real. I care more about some than I do for others. That is real. I am happily married, I have many close friendships in RL & online - but that does not exclude the fun of developing relationships here of ANY kind. After all, this is PLAY!

I think I do understand what is going on here, but I've been sworn to secrecy. I will say that we have appear to have some very sensitive people who's idea of honor is not blurred by role-playing, who have a hard time remembering that this is play. There are some self-esteem issues here too. (I hope I'm not overstepping bounds....) There are real feelings mixed in here with the play. The problem with typing instead of speaking is that so many of the nuances of communication are lost and misunderstandings arise.

If we could all learn to 'clear the air', to ask someone what they meant when they said something that may have offended us... that would help so much.

I hope The.Relic won't stay away. (The.Relic, did you get my email?) And if he chooses to stay here in the Mindflayers lair til Draconia gets over her funk, then we'll just have to stay here WITH him. (Could be a fun place to role play anyway.... our dear The.Relic trapped here via a horrid spell much like Merlin was trapped. His friends using dimension door to keep him company until he is finally released from his bonds. Sound fun? )

I've probably said too much and only exacerbated the situation. I am sorry if anyone takes offense at what I said. This is all just my opinion. (I agree with Gabriel tho, I hope we own't have to add disclaimers to everything we say from now on. )

Dear The.Relic, Sweet Draconia - Don't abandon us!!!!!

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. (new member of TLH)
Old 03-21-2001, 07:47 AM   #30
WOLFGIR

Well i can understand the honor thing, i myself donīt roleplay that part noe me being wolf hehe kidding..
Wel i do like wolves and all and i do know that in thoose threads rel life is left in another pocket, and that is a good thing, rl life can be ooring sometimes, but yet Bilqis, even if you have shed some light on the situation Iīm still in the dark over the how and why situation and maybe I donīt need to know, all I want to know is that id Relic is in a MindFlayer dungeoun i will drag my sorry ass there soon and bite his sorry ass and next drag the dragonlady by her tail too cause non of this is meant to harm the othes feelings, that much i have come to understand.. And if they donīt want to talk to each other, well itīs a free place, donīt adress each other for awhile.. GRRRR

misunderstandings ...

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?