Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 01:41 AM   #1
Wutang
Manshoon

Ok just to let everyone know that you still can't get past the silly small tunnel in the serpent hold.

guess the bug (if it is a bug) was never fixed.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:46 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

It wasn't - but in my experience you can always pass. Here are some tricks that work sometimes:
1. If you have Witch's Stick or a similar sleep casting weapon, put the filth in a sleep and push the sleeping filth before you. You can emerge from the water enough for taking a breath sometimes.
2. Select the smallest character as a "leader".
Otherwise, try, try, try, ... If you cannot get out then return underwater into the tunnel and try again (trying to get out while you are stuck in the orifice of the tunnel is usually futile). If you lose your nerves then you can give up without any consequences. The only thing you need is to get the correct answers for the Naga spirit somehow. Here are the correct answers:

serpent strikes - servant prays
serpent charms - servant bows
serpent schemes - servant dreams
serpent sleeps - servant waits

The first part is a hint given by the spirit, the second part is (the minimum of) the correct answer you have to type in. For example, if you get a hint "serpent strikes" then type in "servant prays" (without the quotation marks) and so on.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:43 AM   #3
Wutang
Manshoon

Cool thanks. I'll try that but how do you re-arrange party members?

I never figured out how to do that except at the Inn.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:22 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

No need of rearranging. Select the one you want to be a "leader" so that he is "active" and has a border around his icon.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:19 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And as is mentioned in the Best Tips thread, you can also get through by going backwards (at least sometimes). Doesn't always work, but it has happened.

It's all a question of positioning.... reloading the game sometimes helps, too, just to get a different perspective.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:37 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This is an area that has caused many players grief (along with the stuck toads and getting halfway down the chute a little later in the Serpent Temple).

You might also want to try using run & jump keys while squirming around too. Smaller characters have a better chance of getting through. Look slightly up when using the combination of all the keys. Hopefully that will get you unstuck and onto the snake idol!

You've got the responses you need so if you can't manage to get unstuck, at least your game can go on!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 03:52 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

NOTE: SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

You do not need to go through the passage. There is an idol there which you will need to get the book of the "servant of the sepent". The contents of the book is posted in the "best tips" thread. There is also some "unholy filth" which you will need to take care of if you have joined the cult as an apprentice when meeting Kreug. However you do not need to join the cult to "complete the temple" in order to move on in the game. I do not think that the idol is necessary to get the "elevator" to the wizard's study working. But if it is you can reach the study by stacking crates, chests, and chairs on top of one another.

[ 02-24-2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 02-24-2003, 10:20 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Actually, that unholy filth is there whether you join Kreug or kill him. At least, it has been for me every time.

But stacking up crates to get to the Wizard's Lab.... I never thought of that before! Wonder how much time you could take off a quick game by bypassing it? You might want to add that to the Best Tips thread, so your insight can remain visible for eternity...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:12 AM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Sounds like you have all of the clues. I do remember that tunnel being a problem once. As Wyv stated, use all keys in an attempt to get through, if you want the idol.

If you are thinking of becoming a Bard, then you Must get to the Wizards chamber!

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 10:56 AM   #10
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

Well, I,m in the temple right now with my Human solo char. and I drowned several times trying to get through that tunnel.

I guess I have to put him on a diet.

C