Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 02:57 AM   #11
deez
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you haven't tried Might & Magic, you may want to try them out. I prefer VII over VIII, but they are both good W&W-type RPG's.

Just my two cents . . .

[This message has been edited by deez (edited 06-15-2001).]
deez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 09:45 AM   #12
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Benihaha,

Everquest is definitely a great game, you'll meet thousands of real people there and you can play with them or against them - whichever you choose. That's much more fun than playing against any computer character, though most of the monsters are NPCs, of course. But even hunting them gets more fun if you team up with other people...

The drawbacks are:
- It costs. Not only for the game disc(s), but also $10 a month plus maybe online costs (if you do have to pay for being online, I heard you Americans have some advantages there )
- You'll need a quite good computer for the two expansion sets to see the graphics (and yes there are two expansions, both areas for high-level characters, they should both be included in the package by now).
- If you cut down to the point, the game is mostly about items and levelling. The quests are mostly of the "get item A, combine twith item B and C to get item D"-type. Sometimes the quest is to kill a monster. The items are dropped by monsters, of course. So there is a lot of "camping" in the monster respawn areas. There is also not that much of a story behind it.
- You 'll get addicted very easy and tend to spend more time in the online world than in the real one. But I think you know the feeling if you have played W&W for a while

For a solo W&W-Style game, look into the Wizardry-Series, of course! Same author, same play-feel, great story, great puzzles,... Especially part 7, the most recent one (gold version), which might be out there for a budget price. Part 8 is in the making, but nobody really knows when or even if it will come out...

So much from me.

[Wooohoo! I love the new logos! It's been a while since I've been here, so I had not seen them yet...]

Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 10:48 AM   #13
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, I fear I was too late. Well, let us know what you bought, then!
Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 10:49 AM   #14
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

well.... Darkstone looks ok... (just starting on it)
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 11:08 AM   #15
jguay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you do end up getting everquest I can certainly help you with the leveling and finding your way around the zones. I have a 50 shaman , 23 druid and 22 shadow knight soooo I can easily help you in these areas
Main character is Fendarie and she RULES hehehe

Let me know and feel free to send me a tell in game to let me know
jguay is offline   Reply With Quote