Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 03:29 PM   #1
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Is it possible to sign in to the board from 2 locations? I originally signed up at work and when I try to send a message from home it says that my UserNAme is already in use by someone (me). I enjoy reading your guys responses while I'm at work and I rush home to try something out and if it doesn't work or I have a question, I can't send a response until I get to work the next day.
Is there a link between the email address and the username? Should I have signed up under a hotmail account so I could access it anywhere? Is there a way to change it now or should I pick a new name???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I was the one asking how to get the raft past the Cave that he oracle's in.

I sometimes want to let you guys know where I'm at in the game but I always think 'Who cares', but you seem to enjoy hearing about other people exploits. Maybe I'll start a thread on what I've been doing.
Benihaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 03:33 PM   #2
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I could be wrong on this but you should be able to (provided you remember your name and password). Did you close your internet session at work before you left? That could be the problem. If not, someone with more experience (like Sazerac, Wyvern or Ziroc) would be able to help you better than I.

Good luck.

BTW: to take the raft passed the bridge, you'll need 2 spells: Create portal and Teleport. I'm sure you can figure it out from here

Yes, yes yes, tel us !!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 05-18-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 03:34 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Benihaha!!

I think there is a link between the username and the email - there is a way to change it. Email Ziroc with the details and he can fix things for you!

We do enjoying knowing where players/posters are in their games! We especially like to hear after they have posted for help! LOL!!! Keeps us from worrying about you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 03:50 PM   #4
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Thanks Wyv, can you tell me how I can find Zircon's email address? This is the first Board that I've used so this is all new to me. I was strictly a voyeur before...
Old 05-18-2001, 04:01 PM   #5
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Here's a status on where I'm at in the game. I got half way thru the Serpent Temple and realized (thru reading these posts) that I didn't get the key from KOL even tho I talked to him so I was going to reset the adventures last night and start over so everyone can get good experience.
I didn't plan ahead when I started the game and all my characters need at least 1 ability raised to let them switch roles. I found out today thru these helpful posts that I was hitting the wrong reset button. I was hitting the one that resets to the last town you were in so tonight I'll reset the adventures and give it another go. I have a wizard that's low on hit points so I'm looking forward to getting another 5 from the Toadem quest.

I've also been pondering the patch. I have it but haven't installed it yet because I haven't had any problems. From the posts I've seen here I'm not sure if I want to install it until I encounter problems. Any thoughts??? Will it be too late by that time???

Old 05-18-2001, 04:22 PM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

You can e-mail Ziroc by clicking on the small golden icon at the very top of the page named "Email Webmaster."

I've run with and without the patch and have had no problems either way. If your system allows it then I'd suggest running without the patch and making use of the money and experience "features" in the towns.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 04:37 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Benihaha-

I run the game without the patch and have never had any problems. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

As pointed out already - the "email webmaster" button at the top will put you in touch with Ziroc!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 07:25 PM   #8
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hello Benihaha! I couldn't resist telling you that I tried to use the board while on vacation signed on as a guest and it would let me read, but not respond. So to use it in both places, you may have to use two names. Let us know if you find out how to use from both places, ok?

And as for the patch, you will lose some "perks" if you install the patch. I needed it so I could wear a vampire ring without it crashing, but lost out on some buggy perks in the process. So like Wyvern says, "If it's not broke, don't fix it."

Thanks for telling us about your game, we do love to hear of others adventures!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 11:17 PM   #9
Night Blade
Dungeon Master

I have had the same problem. Your username is case sensitive! That fixed it for me... hope this helps
Night Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 11:41 PM   #10
Night Blade
Dungeon Master

bump
Night Blade is offline   Reply With Quote