Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 03:51 PM   #41
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Wrong + Wrong = Wrong.
Not true in all cases. that is waaay too simplistic a view for real life [img]smile.gif[/img]

In my world, two wrongs do not make a write, but they also do not make a wrong
the equation =

wrong + wrong = Even. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Wrong + Wrong = cycle of violence.

If you need any proof of this just look to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

Obviously this does not apply to the russian situation, I am speaking in a broader sense.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:43 PM   #42
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
Aftera ll every single human life "does" matter. As for you suggesting that it IS ok to kill unconscious terrorists, NO, that is wrong. The cause of justice is not served this way. Yes the inevitable might be an execution, agreed, but that doesnt take a man's right to stand in a fair trial. Plus DO we even know the reason behind this act. I think its time the curtains should be lifted and the point of the other side be also seen and discussed. I'm sorry but i'm not exactly the "political" type, perhaps someone else can enlighten me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Andrew: Thanks for correcting me [img]smile.gif[/img] My "plan" was based on something i read a while ago about robotics in the newspaper and some articles [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh and an addition question have they found a way to remotely disable plastic explosives ?
I read that the reason they shot the Terrorists was because there was no safe way to disable the explosives they had on their bodys without risking the soldiers lives. Apparently the explosives were boobytrapped or could have been.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:48 PM   #43
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have to agree with The Hunter of Jahanna. You guys are looking at only the negative if thay hadn't done what they did there would have been 700 lives lost due to insane terrorist, not to mention destroying a perfectly good building. Don't you think that the US government would shoot down a civilian aircraft with hundreds of innocent passengers on board to protect life on the ground, or do a similar thing in similar circumstances. We probaly would not hear about it though because they would cover it up to avoid public outcry. North American politians are great at lying to the public or giving us half truths.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:47 PM   #44
andrewas
Harper

Pritcke, 118 people died in this. 117 of them were killed by their own rescuers. 67 were dead after the rescue, leaving 50 that could have been saved in hospital - but the russians *still* wont say what they used to poison them, thus making it difficult or impossible for the doctors to treat them. 45 are still in grave condition according to this mornings paper. Out of date now though.

Thats a lot of negative to look at, therefore it predominates.

But until you get to the point about where you get to the non-disclosure of vital information, the rescue effort went way better than I would have guessed.

@Hunter. Sorry, but I cant agree. Maybe those terrorists were certain to be executed, maybe not. Im no expert on the UK legal system, let alone the russian one. But the image of the troops of a civilsed state shooting unconcious hostiles in cold blood isnt pleasant. Terrorists or no, they were human and had the right to a trial.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:29 PM   #45
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

i found this quote here http://www.observer.co.uk/internatio...820118,00.html

Quote:
'I know it sounds cruel,' said one of the Russian Spetsnaz forces who helped end the Moscow hostage crisis. 'But if someone has two kilos of plastic explosive attached to them, we don't see any other way of disarming them. It was a textbook operation.'
The article realy goes into greater detail about why what was done , was done.