Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2001, 02:11 AM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hmm. Here's a thought. How many of us view the forum as a vehicle of melancholic expression due to the solitary nature of sitting and writing words we 'hear' in our head, and how many treat the forum as we would treat a social gathering?

Does this change in an individual from time to time, say, depending on the time of day, or if one is at home or work for example?

But look at us. Seriously discussing funs relevance?

------------------
Old 10-30-2001, 02:12 AM   #12
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

I'm all for balance myself. There is a time to soul search and a time to simply lie back and enjoy. IMO neither is more or less important than the other, indeed both are needed.

That's all. Certainly no rambling from you Liliara.

I agree. I think balance is needed. For some, though, happiness is a learned trait. One that needs to be addressed and realized. I find happiness by the water. A pond, the ocean, the rain ( though the rain is sometimes a two edged sword)

I've been learning to slow down, to revert somewhat to my childhood but keeping a mature egde on it all. After all, when I was a child, I found joy in everything.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-30-2001, 03:24 AM   #13
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Hmm. Here's a thought. How many of us view the forum as a vehicle of melancholic expression due to the solitary nature of sitting and writing words we 'hear' in our head, and how many treat the forum as we would treat a social gathering?

Does this change in an individual from time to time, say, depending on the time of day, or if one is at home or work for example?

But look at us. Seriously discussing funs relevance?

I would say that, yes, the type of answer comes with the tme of day. Just as it would in any social gathering, it depends on the person's mood. As for relating to the persons online as you would if they were sitting across from you, I can honestly say that I would react in the same way. I am quite opinionated though. I guess that if I had the person in front of me, the difference would be that I would be able to be a bit more charming in my demeanor, words on a screen leave that element out.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-30-2001, 05:23 AM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Melancholy is a savage creature, very unforgiving. If you walk with it once, it forever seeks you out as a confidant,

Wow, that's a stunning thought. Scary but true.
Sometimes I feel alone even when with my friends

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-30-2001, 05:45 AM   #15
Donut
Jack Burton

No man can have melancholia who loves a horse and is understood by one!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-30-2001, 09:04 AM   #16
Moiraine
Anubis

I totally agree with your point, Yorick. I usually post more in serious topics because I'm not a witty person, I've never been very good a humour, is all.

I've heard that making people laugh is much more difficult than making people cry. I think it's very true. Probably because, to make people laugh, you need to master extreme precision.

For one, I have an extreme admiration for the Marx Brothers. The passages when Chico Marx plays the piano in their movies are totally hilarious. I can watch them again and again and again, and never tire of them. How a man alone can make people laugh only by playing the piano is awesome. Think of the amount of mastery required to attain such jewels. Ah, humourous music players and singers are waaay too rare ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !