Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 12:43 PM   #1
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

What a relief to have my characters back to normal. I finished the booger caves about 7 hours ago. Got a couple hours of sleep before coming to work.
Can hardly wait to start on the next area tonight. Where should I go next. I was so focused on getting thru the Dragon spire to get to Brimloch Roon and then the Booger caves to get the TOME that I'm not sure what section to attack next. I purchased a boat at BR since I had the money, but haven't taken it anywhere yet. What should I set my sights on next???

Also, I found a staff of haggery in the caves and was excited about my Warlock using it but it turns out it was cursed... What exactly does a curse do. If the benefits out weigh the price would it be okay to use the cursed weapon until something better came up? My warlock (Ker'Zan) is using a witchs stick and I like the sleep attribute but the Haggery staff had more ailments it could inflict. By being cursed do you gain less EXP or is it just a minus to hit??? Could a bless counteract the curse???
Any ideas?

Thanks.
Benihaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 12:55 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I take it since you finished the Dragonspire, you've finished the entire Shire area. Start exploring around Brimloch Roon...look for the crabs! The next dungeon is Skull Castle, and there's a couple of guild quests in that one, too. If you have any plans to make someone a Paladin and get the Crusade trait, do so post haste before taking on Skull Castle so s/he can mop up on the XP!

Start out with some simple guild quests first, though. The first Thieves' Guild quest and the first Warrior's guild quest are very easy to complete. The first Priest Guild quest is a bit further away, but also easy to complete. Wait a while before you take the first Bushi Dojo quest, as it involves the Anephas Shrine, and you must complete Skull Castle first. The first Wizards' Guild quest is in the Skull Castle.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 12:57 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Cursed items have 2 downfalls:

1) You can't unequip them by normal means (you have to pay for it at a Temple)

2) They slowly drain HP. However, an item blessed with Renegeration (Artifact of Spirit) will negate this.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 01:15 PM   #4
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Thanks Saz,
I've blessed several bracelets or rings with REGEN of 3 or 4 so I might just use the cursed staff for awhile. I like the way it looks better than the plain ol' witches stick.

I appreciate the quick response.
Benihaha is offline   Reply With Quote